Job Title: PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
REF: HR – MD – 11 – 2010 – 02
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will have the following key responsibilities;
• General administration in the Managing Director’s office.
• Managing the MD’s executive time, including public engagements.
• Planning and execution of internal and external communication from the MD’s office.
• Preparing speeches, briefs and other communication materials for the company’s spokespersons.
• Co-ordinating between MPL and NMG on issues related to MD’s office.
• Ensuring safety of office property.
• Attending to all staff and visitors who come to the MD’s office.
• Ensuring orderly filing and safety of documents and property in MD’s office.
• Handling secretarial work for the Managing Director.
• Handling outgoing and incoming calls with maximum customer care for resolution of complaints or requests/inquires related to the Managing Director’s office.
• Reading, sorting and issuing out all the incoming and outgoing mail.
• Assisting the MD in writing management reports, letters and minutes.
• Keeping the MD’s diary up dated and reminding him of all his appointments and making follow ups.
• Organising meetings that fall directly under the MD’s office.
• Ensuring proper management of the Boardroom and the scheduled meetings.
• Reminding and collecting monthly HOD reports from Heads of Department in preparation for HOD meetings and Board meetings.
• Making hotel reservations and transport arrangements for NMG staff scheduled to come to Kampala as may be advised.
• Making SAP entries for Procurement for the MD’s office and Legal and Administration.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate should;
• Have a university degree, preferably BBA (Marketing), Public Administration, Office and Information Management or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years post-qualification relevant experience in a busy commercial environment.
• Must be a self starter and go getter.
• Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Must have interpersonal and people management skills.
• Be capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
Please send your application with a detailed CV, stating your age, daytime telephone number and names of three referees by Wednesday November 17th, 2010 to
Head HR-Nation Media Group (Uganda)
Monitor Publications LTD.
P.O.BOX 12141, Kampala
Applications may also be delivered to the front office of Monitor Publications Ltd. on 8th Street, Industrial Area, Namuwongo