Job Title: Senior Information Technology (IT) Assistants, Wau and Aweil.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Install, modify and maintain LAN/WAN components including cables, disk operating systems, software application and utility software, various interface cards, hard disks and user computers
- Advise users about “virus” problems and their prevention.
- Conduct daily systems backup and test effectiveness according to a schedule.
- Ensure anti-virus software is installed on the network and that is regularly updated.
- Assist and guide the functional areas in setting up their ICT strategies and advise on the best solutions to meet identified requirements.
- Identify user training needs and develop and /or provide appropriate training to individual or group of staff.
Qualifications and experience:
- University degree or Higher National Diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science or informatics plus a combination of supplemental courses/ technical certification in related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience wit IT installations and equipment demonstrating hands-on expertise with windows 200/2003 server operating system, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Email, LAN, WAN, WLAN technologies, some exposure to HF/VHF radio, PABX, VSAT and satellite systems in a globally distributed TC/IT operation.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic and a good knowledge of one of the local languages spoken in the Greater Bahr El Ghazal region.
How to apply:
Applications fro qualified Sudanese Nationals, accompanied by an updated CV, a completed and signed WFP Personal History Form (a hard copy of which can be picked up from the gates of any WFP office in Sudan or upon request by e-mail to email@example.com with request for P.H.F in the subject line. WFP are requested to enclose in their 2 most recent Performance Evaluation Reports with their applications.
Send applications to;
The Human Resources Officer or preferably;
WFP, South Sudan
P.O Box 440, Juba.