Job Title: Programme Livelihoods Officer
National Contract: Open Ended
Duties and responsibilities:
- Play a key role in providing technical and programmatic leadership for the livelihoods work for our programme in Karamoja.
- Bring wide knowledge and experience of gender-sensitive livelihoods programming from private sector engagement and value chain development to food security.
- Manage a team of 3-5 Project Officers and oversee the work of partner organizations in implementing livelihoods work.
- Contribute to the development of project plans and funding proposals.
- Develop relationships with a range of external actors in local government, the private sector and civil society in order to facilitate the development of economic opportunities and increased incomes for poor men and women.
- Will be a member of Karamoja Programme Senior Management and will participate in the Programme’s operational and long term planning.
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum first degree in a relevant field with significant and proven experience in designing and coordinating gender-sensitive livelihoods interventions.
- A wide knowledge of livelihoods programming from market analysis and value chain development to food security interventions.
- Experience of working with pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in arid and semi-arid lands.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Experience in managing partner relationships and an interest in capacity building of partners.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organized with capacity to achieve results and a team player.
- Ability to work in a harsh and remote environment.
Submit your application and CV in English detailing your experience for the post and include the daytime telephone contacts to;
The subject of your email should be the title of the job you are applying for.
Please don’t send your academic credentials with your application, only CVs.
Deadline: 15th February, 2011