Job Title: Specialist/Technical Monitoring
Role: To manage the process of technical monitoring and evaluation of RCDF projects.
Key Result Areas:
• Implement the technical audit of projects' technical parameters to ascertain their compliance with the defined technical specifications;
• Carry out technical monitoring of projects to assess their quality of service in accordance with defined standards;
• Research on and propose content to be used with the ICT projects in order to add value and provide opportunities for usage of the projects;
• Develop technical specifications for ICT related projects;
• Report on the status of procurements for ICT equipment and services;
• Monitor the recording of activities carried out by the technical compliance section;
• Prepare technical reports in line with the section's reporting structure, and;
• Troubleshoot problems experienced by RCDF supported projects and fix basic ones.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications /Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or a field related to Information and Communications technologies with proven knowledge of alternative power sources and communications systems.
• Strong knowledge in project management
• Proven knowledge of alternative energy source is essential and
•A masters Degree in one of the above fields will be an added advantage
Experience and knowledge:
• At least three years relevant working experience in rural based ICT projects
How to apply
Successful candidates for the advertised positions will sign a 3-year renewable employment contract with the Commission.
Very attractive package will be offered to the successful candidates commensurate with qualifications and previous work experience.
Interested candidates should deliver applications indicating their telephone and e-mail addresses accompanied with the following documents:
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating two professional and one character referees. Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as referees.
2. Copies of certificates, testimonials, cited in the CV.
Applications should be submitted to the following address NOT LATER than 5,00 pm on Friday, February 25, 2011 to:
The Director, Human Resources and Administration
Uganda Communications Commission
2nd Floor UCC House
Plot 42-44 Spring Road, Bugolobi
P. O. Box 7376, KAMPALA
Only short listed applicants will be notified. Any form of canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate.
UCC is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.