Job Title: Field Monitoring Officer (2 Positions)
Reports To: Specialist /Technical Monitoring
Role: to monitor the performance of RCDF supported projects and their operational environment
Key Result Areas:
• Carry out inspections of project sites to ascertain the projects' technical parameters;
• Carry out periodic monitoring of ongoing projects for quality of service specifications;
• Carry out initial observations to ascertain the initial status of areas for subsequent input into impact assessment activities and for baseline surveys;
• Carry out data collection on all technical parameters of RCDF projects;
• Collect specific data for definition of terms of reference;
•Maintain the technical section’s databases for input into the departmental databases
•Prepare reports in line with the department’s reporting structure and..
•Trouble shoot technical problems experienced by RCDF supported projects and fix basic ones
•Telecommunications/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or in a field related to communications technologies or computer science;
Experience and Knowledge
A minimum of two years of relevant working experience
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, team player and ability to work independently and in rural settings.
How to apply
Successful candidates for the advertised positions will sign a 3-year renewable employment contract with the Commission.
Very attractive package will be offered to the successful candidates commensurate with qualifications and previous work experience.
Interested candidates should deliver applications indicating their telephone and e-mail addresses accompanied with the following documents:
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating two professional and one character referees. Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as referees.
2. Copies of certificates, testimonials, cited in the CV.
Applications should be submitted to the following address NOT LATER than 5,00 pm on Friday, February 25, 2011 to:
The Director, Human Resources and Administration
Uganda Communications Commission
2nd Floor UCC House
Plot 42-44 Spring Road, Bugolobi
P. O. Box 7376, KAMPALA
Only short listed applicants will be notified. Any form of canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate.
You can also visit our Website on: www.ucc.co.ug
UCC is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.