Job title: Software Systems Manager
Umeme Limited is a major investment of Actis Infrastructure 2 fund. Actis is a leading investor in the emerging markets, investing exclusively in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Presently Actis manages over US$4.Sbn worth of investment on behalf of more than 100 institutional investors. The Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom, a UK Government-owned company, is the largest investor in Actis' infrastructure 2 fund and as such has a relationship with Umeme Ltd indirectly through Actis."
As a responsible employer Umeme is committed to providing competitive employment terms to its employees in addition to providing safe and reliable electricity improving customer service, minimizing energy losses and operating in a cost effective .manner. To help in achieving these goals Umeme is looking to recruit individuals with high integrity, dedication and commitment to fill the following positions;
Reports to : Chief Information Officer
• UMEME has a significant programme of IT Projects to improve customer service, management reporting, and business efficiencies. Current projects include the introduction of a Pre-Payment Metering system, and the implementation of (AMR) Automatic Meter Reading for industrial customers.
• The software systems manager will be responsible for managing project support, software implementation, data maintenance, design, testing and integration to existing systems. The ideal candidate will have prior experience managing software projects from beginning to fruition, and will also have 'hands on' expertise.
• Define and scope new projects based on business requirements
• Provide and manage interface specifications to new and existing applications including pre-payments, AMR, billing and finance.
• Manage Oracle Database environment (data administration and support)
• Manage a team of software engineers and QA staff for system implementation as required
• Develop and implement best practice for software development to include dam warehousing, reporting. e-Services and corporate web
• Responsible for change management, and related policies and procedures.
• Meet and deliver against tight deadlines
The software development manager will;
• Have a Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Have at least 10 yean experience in software management
• Have a track record in systems implementation & project management
• Have experience across the entire software development lifecycle.
• Have previous experience in the utility sector
• Have strong written and oral communication skills
• Be a proficient programmer with extensive Oracle development expertise.
• Be capable and competent in preparing business and technical specifications and related documentation.
• Be team focused while having the inner drive and capacity to go for results
• Be committed to people development and succession planning
• A one year contract with potential for extension
• Excellent salary to commensurate with experience and a good overall benefits package
• A challenging but rewarding performance scheme
• Full mobilization and repatriation expenses
The following attributes would be advantageous
• Postgraduate degree
• Strong Oracle experience development and administration
• Data warehousing background and familiarity with Bl tools
• Hands on programming experience
• Familiarity with development methodologies such as Scrum, Agile, Lean etc
• Prior experience In business analysis and process engines
How to apply
How to apply
If you fill you are the right candidate for this challenging position, please submit your CV which should include basic bio data and should not exceed two A4 pages and should focus on the requirements set out under "The Person" above to the Head Of Human Resources-Lugogo or email recruit.
firstname.lastname@example.org or post your application to P.O.Box 23841,
Applications should be received by 05:00 Friday 15th July 2011
UMEME is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Influence peddling will lead to automatic disqualification