Job Title: Clinical Officers
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) FULL TIME
Will be required to assess the clinical problems of clients, carry out circumcisions and head circumcision teams at respective health centres. He/ she must be able to treat each client with dignity,antt respect.
• Conduct safe- medical circumcision surgery for adults at respective fixed or mobile sites.
• Ensure documentation of all surgical and follow-up procedures
• Ensure that circumcisions are carried out safely in accordance with agreed policies.
• Ensure that all activities as pertains to circumcision are done according to the standard operating procedures and ethical requirements.
• Communicate professionally to different stakeholders
• Participate as a full member of the expanded AMAKA team
• Willingness to support other project related duties as required.
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Heath
• Must be registered with the Allied Health professionals’ Council
• At least two years of post-qualification professional experience
• Demonstrated experience in HIV counseling especially as it pertains to MMC issues.
• Formal training and experience in the clinical aspects of MMC service delivery, including training of trainers
• Formal HIV ART and Palliative Care training for clinical officers
• Use of computers including word processing,
spreadsheets, PowerPoint, email and Internet.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Ability to communicate with clients in local language
• Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS related issues
• Knowledge of good nursing procedures and practices
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
How to apply:
Qualified and interested persons who wish to apply may hand-deliver, email or post an application letter with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees, to:
The Human Resource Manager Infectious Diseases Institute P.O. Box 22418, Kampala. firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, 4th June 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4th June 2012