Job Title: Regional Education Coordinator
Strømme Foundation is a Norwegian based international development organization that helps poor people in Africa, Asia and South America to cross the poverty line.
Through challenging, committed and long term partnerships with local organizations, along with focused and lasting value creation for every donation the organization is entrusted, Strømme Foundation aims to eradicate poverty by working with donors and partners in 13 countries.
Areas of concentration, is in the sectors of Education and Microfinance. The Regional Office of SF in Kampala, is an extension of the Head Office in Norway, and was set up to coordinate the work of the SF partner organisation’s in the countries of Uganda,
Kenya, Tanzania and South Sudan.
2. Position Scope:
The Regional Programmes Coordinator (RPC) is a leadership position in the regional office charged with supporting the Regional Director in the development of the regions strategy and in overseeing the different programmes of Stromme Foundation Eastern Africa and ensure relevance and quality of interventions.
3. Key Roles:
• Key to the role is to ensure that the overall regional programmes are consistent with SF’s mission and goals,
• Play a key role in the development and revisions of the SF Master Plan and the region’s strategic and operational plan.
• Manage/Developing strategies and innovative processes and systems for strengthening basic education systems in poor and hard to reach communities
• Develop and promote Development Education concepts among SF partners and ensure that sustainability mechanisms are in-built right from the beginning
• Develop funding proposals and plans
• Coordinate and supervise the liaison offices in the region and to ensure that programmes managed from there are in line with the overall SF Master Plan.
• Ensure that institutional objectives are performed in cooperation with partner organizations and that there is continuous regional growth in the quality and volume of operations.
• Ensuring the development of qualitative synergy between the Education and Microfinance interventions of SF in the Eastern Africa.
• Together with the M&E officer, develop and coordinate participatory and preliminary studies to establish good baseline data for initiating new Education projects
• Networking, advocating and lobbying for vulnerable children and women with various governments, likeminded NGOs, and firms.
4. Required Qualifications:
• Individuals with a relevant first degree with long relevant experience and additional qualifications in Social Development and Management of Community programmes
• A relevant Masters degree will be an additional advantage
• At least five years experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO
5. Person Specifications:
• Qualifications and experience in sociology and socioanthropology with demonstrated understanding in the importance of building the civil society
• A creative individual who possesses energy, selfconfidence, and flexibility; thrives in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
• Should have judgment necessary to understand, balance, and respond to the competing needs of many different constituents; bring fresh ideas and a genuine interest in trying new approaches
• Demonstrated understanding of Development Education concepts
• Successful experience in fundraising
• Should be a good team player, passionate, of high integrity, and articulate about rights based development approaches and social change
• Possess excellent people and mentoring skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English
• Should be willing to travel extensively locally and internationally
• A Committed Christian
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you fit the above profile, please send your application to:
The Regional Director, Stromme Foundation,
P.O. Box 27200, Kampala or e-mail to: email@example.com
Please attach your curriculum vitae, capability statement, current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers, photocopies of relevant testimonials; and contacts of three referees by Friday, 21st September, 2012 or hand deliver your application to the office on Plot 25, Bukoto Street-Kamwokya.
Deadline: 21st Sept 2012