Job Title: WAE Physician; FP-5; FSN-10
U. S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 074/2012 Date: 11/26/2012
OPEN TO: U.S. Citizen EFMs only – All Agencies
OPENING DATE: November 26, 2012
CLOSING DATE: December 09, 2012
POSITION TITLE: WAE Physician; FP-5; FSN-10
POSITION LOCATION: Chancery
HOURS OF WORK: Position will work as needed, maximum 6-8 weeks/year.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must be able to obtain a Top SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE. U.S. CITIZEN ELIGIBLE FAMILY MEMBERS, AS DEFINED BELOW OF U.S. GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO THE MISSION UNDER THE CHIEF OF MISSION AUTHORITY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. POSITION IS TEMPORARY NOT TO EXCEED ONE YEAR (WAE).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Provides medical services to American direct hire employees and dependents of all agencies at post as primary care physician. S/He will see Locally Engaged Staff upon occasion of injury on the job, referring any who become ill at work to their private physicians S/He works with technical supervision by the FSHP and RMO in planning and administering the health program at post, including at-post hospitalizations and medical evacuations.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education required: M.D. collegiate degree, completion of an approved internship and residency or equivalent, and a license to practice medicine (comparable to requirements in the U.S.) are required.
2. Prior Work Experience: Prior medical practice and at least three years of progressive experience in internal medicine, family practice, emergency medicine, and OB/GYN is required.
3. Language Requirement: Level IV (fluent - written and spoken) English ability and fluency in use of professional medical terminology is also required.
4. Knowledge: Must have general practice knowledge and understanding to deal with all types of cases seen in Health Unit. Specifically:
• Must have knowledge and understanding of Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support and Emergency Preparedness for chemical, biological and radiological situations;
• Should have regularly attended annual Continuing Medical Education (CME) training and seminars to stay current with medical practice at US and European standards;
• Should be aware of occupational, safety and health administration regulations and practices in line with US and European standards;
• Familiarity with US Government and Department of State medical regulations and administrative procedures, especially those involving medical evacuations. (May be obtained on the job).
5. Skills: Must be sensitive to needs and feelings of others and be approachable to every person at post in order to obtain and maintain the trust and confidence of employees and dependents. Maturity, stability, objectivity, resourcefulness, adaptability and sound professional judgment are essential in this position. Must have a customer-service orientation.
After an initial application screening, applicants will be invited for oral interviews. The selected candidate must pass pre-employment security investigations before beginning work. The initial appointment period is one year, subject to renewal.
Normally, candidates for employment are hired at the first step of the designated pay grade. In some instances, candidates may be hired at a higher step when exceptional qualifications or previous governmental service and pay level so warrant. The Human Resources Officer will make the decision with the concurrence of the employing section.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and visa status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their appointment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174).
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicants work experience attached as a separate sheet.
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g. essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.
Deadline: 9th Dec 2012