Job Title: Senior Officer Human Resources (1 position)
Duty Stations; Kampala
The Senior Officer Human Resources will work under the direct control and supervision of the Director of Human Resources and Administration. In close consultation with the Director of HR, the job holder contributes to implementation of the Human Resources Management Policies, take specific responsibility for initiation of the Development plans from the performance management system and follow up of the same to ensure availability of adequate skills mix and competencies required to deliver the Save the Children strategy.
In addition, the job holder takes responsibility for administration and management of the HR Information system, practices and policy through documentation, data entry and management in line with the Save the Children strategy and objectives.
Academic back ground, Experience & Person Specifications;
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in humanities, or any relevant field. A Post graduate training in Human Resource Management is an added advantage.
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience in HR, preferably with an International NGO. Demonstrated understanding and proficiency in the field of Human Resources Management and ability to work under minimum supervision
• Good understanding of national legal requirements relating to HR, including labour laws and administrative law and laws applicable to INGOs regulations.
• Good analytical skills.
• Facilitation/training and presentation skills
• Good counselling, interview and negotiation skills
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Excellent time management and planning capacity
• Excellent planning, coordination and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
• Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
• Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
How to Apply:
Application letters with detailed CVs indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors should be submitted to:
The Director of Human Resources &
Save the Children
Plot 68/70, Kira Road
P.O. Box 12018, Kampala
Or on email:
Important to note:
• Testimonials/certificates should not be attached to applications that are submitted online.
• The closing date for receiving applications is 31st December 2012. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity.
Deadline: 31st December 2012