Job Title: Program Management Specialist (TB)
U.S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 011/2013 Date: 2/15/2013
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES:February 18 to March 3, 2013
POSITION TITLE: Program Management Specialist (TB)
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, DO3 OFFICE
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-11 (Ugshs. 72,127,325 to 104,083,095 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified candidate to fill the position of Program Management Specialist (TB).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Provides technical and professional leadership to plan, implement, monitor, and oversee mission supported tuberculosis (TB) activities.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education: A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Medicine, International Health or related field.
2. Work Experience: At least 6 years of progressively responsible professional experience in clinical medicine or public health including experience in the field of TB and HIV. Work experience should include at least 3 years of planning, developing, implementing and managing public health programs in resource poor settings.
3. Language Requirement: Must be fluent in English language.
4. Knowledge: A detailed and broad knowledge of the TB and health systems issues in Uganda.
5. Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a high performing team. Ability to develop and maintain effective working-level and management-level contacts within service delivery activities of the government and NGOs; ability to work effectively with team and interagency environments; excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Database software, E-mail, and the internet; strong management skills, including financial management, administrative, and monitoring skills to track the performance of implementing partners and activities; ability to present information, analyses, and recommendations in clear written and oral formats; and the ability to travel to regions and districts within Uganda.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) A completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff (DS-174) – http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
(ii) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(iii) A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iv) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(v) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By e-mail at KampalaHR@state.gov
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please all documents in one attachment.
Deadline : March 3, 2013