Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duties and responsibilities:
• Develop an overall M&E plan for the UVRI Project.
• Managing and implementing the performance-based monitoring system to ensure that UVRI Project targets are met.
• Ensure that the M&E database are routinely and systematically updated.
• Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and guidelines regarding M&E are developed and updated where necessary.
• Lead the process of ensuring that performance reviews are conducted regularly.
• Build capacity of UVRI M&E focal persons in M&E skills through mentoring and coaching.
• Participate in the preparation and implementation of special duties e.g. baseline, mid-term review, and end of Project evaluation.
• Ensure timely compilation of internal (UVRI) and external (PEPFAR/USG) progress reports.
• Ensure quality control and identify where adaptations may be needed.
• Ensure timely completion of major M&E deliverables, regular periodic analysis of data to identify and communicate lessons-learned, and regular periodic presentation of data and analyses to Program management.
• Review, monitor, and analyse reports for impact evaluation.
• Help identify the cause of potential bottlenecks in implementation.
• Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Development Studies or other closely related discipline. Post Graduate Training in M&E is added advantage
• Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements.
• At least 3 years of experience in M &E methods and approaches, including designing, planning, and implementing M&E systems, analysing and reporting using a logical framework and other strategic planning approaches..
• Excellent information analysis and report-writing.
How to Apply
The Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI) has signed an MoU with the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to strengthen Institute capacity through the management and coordination of laboratory surveillance, epidemiology, public health evaluations and training in Uganda under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief. Under this cooperation, UVRI intends to recruit the following personnel on a one year contract to be renewed depending on availability of funds. This positions is based at Entebbe
Applications together with copies of academic certificates, transcripts, a CV, including names of two work-related referees indicating their contacts with e-mail and phone numbers should be forwarded to the address below;
Uganda Virus Research Institute
P.O. Box 49, Entebbe.
Or hand-delivered to his office Plot 51-59 Nakiwogo Road, Entebbe.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 14th Feb 2013