Job Title: Research Managers
TradeMark East Africa is recruiting suitable qualified candidates for the vacant position mentioned .
• Will work closely with the Research Director and other members of the Strategy and Results team to manage TMEA’s research program , undertake research and provide analysis to support , develop and maintain a results and learning focus within TMEA and partiners.
• S/he will be responsible for managing and undertaking key research relating to trade facilitation and logistics within East Africa , and assisting other team members to undertake qualitative quantitative data collection and analysis to support successful project implementation within TIMEA.
• This will include reviewing , understanding and interpreting internal and external data to enable TMEA to highlight and respond to emerging opportunities and challenges , as well as TMEAs overall strategy .
• A first degree in Economics, Statistics , Internal Trade , Trade Policy , Development Studies or other relevant discipline
• A research based Master’s degree or professional and qualifications in a relevant field will be an added advantage , minimum of five years experience in managing and understanding quality and timely research to support project and program implementation
• Proven experience in methords such as cost-benefit analysis , developing modeling tools to estimate projections and analyzing data to generate information relevant for program teams is essential for this role.
How to apply
This post requires a candidate with strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure amidst competing demands . The position is available on initial 2-year contract with attractive salary and benefits package , and will be based in nay of the TMEA Country Offices with regular travel around East Africa. Please send us an extract of your published research work (not more than 5 pages) your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications , experience , present position and current remuneration. Your application should also include names and addresses of three referees , a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts . The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Detailed job profile for this post can be accessed on the website . Send your application email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted in early October 2013 in Nairobi , Kenya.
Deadline: 18 /09 /2013