The Uganda Investment Authority (UIA) has established a Division to handle Small and Medium-size Enterprises (SME).
Job Title: Director (1 post)
Reporting to: Executive Director
• Raised level of value adding investments and improved incomes for SMEs.
• Increased number of micro-enterprises growing to the level of SMEs and becoming eligible to UIA SME
• Increased availability of publicity, information and awareness of UIA services to the SME sector.
• High level of collaboration of all stakeholders impacting on SME development in Uganda.
• An increased number of SMEs growing to be large size enterprises and impacting positively on the growth and development of the Ugandan economy.
• SME Policy.
• Web portal.
• Database of research publications
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
• Develop the National Strategic Plan for SME’s.
• Coordinate and supervise development of the National SME policy and strategy.
• Oversee the implementation of the National SME policy and strategy.
• Carryout and/or coordinate SME relevant research and provide business related information to the SME.
• Liaise with business development service (BDS) providers and other partner agencies and to effectively address SME problems and concerns.
• Participate in development of linkages between TNCs/large companies and SMEs.
• Identify and minimize of administrative barriers to the SME sector.
• Advise, appraise, register and facilitate SMEs as provided by the UIA Work plan.
• Carry-out detailed divisional planning and budgeting activities.
• Prepare the division’s documentation and reports.
• Supervise staff in SME division.
Qualifications and experience:
• Masters Degree in Commerce, Economics, Statistics,Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, or
• Any other postgraduate qualifi cation will be added advantage
• At least 5 years working experience in SME support activities, preferably with private sector, Business Support Organisation, Entrepreneurship training or public sector.
• Demonstrated profi ciency in programme planning, implementation and monitoring. Furthermore s/he must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, have strong computer skills and be able to work under minimum supervision
• Computer literate with demonstrated profi ciency in Microsoft offi ce and PowerPoint
Applications with comprehensive typed CV, copies of transcripts and certifi cates together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be sent to;
The Executive Director
Uganda Investment Authority
P.O.Box 7418, Kampala
• Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Closing Date: 05/12/2010