Job Category: Engineering
Job Description: Eskom Uganda is a wholly owned subsidiary of Eskom Holdings South Africa and is registered as a limited liability company in Uganda. The company generates 66% of Uganda’s electrical energy, operates within a framework of four contracts, and has its own board of directors. Eskom Uganda is hereby inviting applications from persons interested in the vacancy below:
Preferred Skills: Position: Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Reference No: EUL/ EM/2010- 2
To handle all necessary repairs, maintenance and modifications required for improvement on the two power stations
Key result areas:
1. Improve availability and life of the plant by adopting appropriate technological practices and measures
in accordance with Eskom Policy and Hydro Power Engineering Practices.
2. Keep record of deviations, monitoring and maintenance data on every aspect of plant in his/ her system, produce diagnostic performance trends to enable timely intervention.
3. Carry out quality control on all work done by other employees on plant and equipment.
4. Provide oversight and leadership in monitoring of system plant
5. Formulate repair procedures for Mechanical plant and equipment.
6. Participate in the implementation of Mechanical outage programme
7. Prepare and submit monthly maintenance report to Mechanical Plant manager for decision making
8. Align LOPP with outage scope of work and ensure adequacy and completeness of Work Packages for
all outages and recommend outage durations.
9. Perform quality control function on all work done by maintenance or contractor personnel.
10. Directly conduct system engineering and frequently write system reports as required by the Mechanical Plant Manager.
11. Ensure safety for both equipment and people working in the Mechanical department including issuing of Special Operating Instruction.
12. Lead the implementation of Mechanical engineering projects
13. Investigate incidents related to Mechanical plant and make reports/ recommendations on preventive or corrective measures.
14. Provide input (s) to the Mechanical action plan and budgets in accordance with the business plan and
company budget guidelines
The suitable candidates for this post should have:
i) Minimum Academic Requirement:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
ii) Relevant Experience
• Four years experience
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Interested candidates should send their application letters, copies of academic certificates and CVs including three referees to the following address not later than 3rd of December, 2010 at 5.00 p.m.
Human Resources Department
Eskom Uganda Limited
Nalubaale Power station,
P. O. Box 942, Jinja - Uganda
Tel: 256 43 121416, Fax: 256 43 123154