Job title: Estate Manager
UG - Any Graduate - Any Specialization,B.Sc - Agriculture, Dairy Technology, Food Technology PG - Any PG Course - Any Specialization,Post Graduation Not Required
Production, Maintenance, Quality
Desired Candidate Profile
• Agricultural or related discipline qualification.
• Experience in an Estate operation for a minimum of 5 years at Middle / senior management level.
• A proven management track record, preferably within the plantation, horticulture or food-processing sectors.
• Basic accounting qualifications.
• In depth knowledge of agricultural practices – specifically in tea growing and its production are essential.
• Good communication skills - both verbal and written.
• Sound computing skills.
• Experience in writing reports, cost and budget control.
• Demonstrable experience in devising and implementing cohesive business strategies.
• Sound team management skills; able to effectively marshal the abilities of a team to achieve a cohesive business plan.
The Estate Manager is responsible for all operations of the allocated estate, including black tea, timber and alternative crop businesses. In close liaison with the Senior Management, the Estate Manager will coordinate the resources of the estate, making decisions and implementing policies to ensure that all the entities operate effectively.
The Estate Manager is also responsible for the optimum adherence to production systems as well as conducting and coordinating research and directing development. The Manager is responsible for recommending applicable technical and management practices required for the ongoing operations and business development of the estate. Of key importance for the Estate Manager is the training and development of the workforce to ensure consistent and improving supply of high-quality tea.
Reporting to the General Manager key focus areas include:
• Estate Management
• Financial Planning and Reporting
• Manpower Planning and People Development
• New Product and crop Development
• Sourcing and Logistics for the estate
• Local Community and Public Relations
Keywords: Tea Estate, Estate Manager, Tea Estate Manager, Estate, Agriculture, Tea
We have been a leading tea producer and exporter in Uganda for over 20 years. With three estates situated within a 75km radius situated near to Kampala the capital of Uganda, the company has more than 2,000 hectares of land area of which about 1,200 hectares is currently utilised for tea growing with support forestation and food crops being grown.
Uganda Tea Corporation Ltd
Deadline: 5th Jan 2011