U.S. Mission, Uganda
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
CLOSING DATES: January 28, 2011
POSITION TITLE: Program Management Specialist/Agronomist
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, SO7 OFFICE
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-10 (Ugshs. 54,522,809 to 78,523,720 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified Ugandan to fill the position of Program Management Specialist/Agronomist.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Manages agricultural research and production activities within the USAID Uganda Economic Growth portfolio. Ensures that the Mission has the necessary technical expertise to address biotic (pests and diseases) and abiotic (environmental and climatic) constraints to agricultural development pertaining to multiple program areas of the economic growth objective. Focuses on agricultural research and technology development and transfer aimed at combating disease and pest epidemics; increasing production and factor productivity; sustaining the production resource base and sustaining the environmental status quo.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education Required: A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture and a Master’s degree in Agronomy is required.
2. Work Experience: A minimum of five years in program management related to agriculture and/or rural development activities, with at least three years’ focus on supporting agricultural production with respect to cropping systems; natural resource base conservation and improvement farming practices; weed, pest, and disease management practices; research and technology development are required.
3. Language Requirement: Must be fluent in English language.
4. Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of the Government of Uganda’s Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Program (CAADP) compact, and its investment plan (DSIP), is required.
5. Skills and Abilities: The position requires superb communication skills, commitment to transparency and teamwork, and an outstanding ability to exercise sound and independent judgment, discretion and patience on a daily basis. The position requires flexibility and the ability to accept and react to changing policy direction with sound analyses, professionalism and poise. The position requires working under pressure and the need to assume other job responsibilities for short periods of time. Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and tact, to work effectively with people at all levels is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) A completed and signed U.S. Government Optional Form 612:
Shortcut to: http://www.usaid.gov/forms/of-612.doc;
(ii) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(iii) A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iv) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(v) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
1. By mail:
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Ggaba Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
2. By Fax:
0414-341-863 - ATTENTION: HR
3. Or by e-mail:
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: January 28, 2011