Job Title : CLIENT RELATIONS MANAGER
REPORTS TO : DIRECTOR BUSINESS SERVICES
INTERFACES WITH : CLIENTS, SALES & MARKETING OPERATIONS (IHK & IAA CLINICS), CLINICAL DIRECTORATE,
NURSING DIRECTORATE, IHK OPERATIONS, IMG CONSTRUCTION ETC
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To support IMG patients and employees by facilitating the communications process between clients and providers
of care through feedback, taking into account a broad spectrum of professional disciplines, socioeconomic and
cultural perspectives within which care is provided.
1. Excellent verbal and written communications skills in two or more languages.
2. Computer and Microsoft proficiency.
3. Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals and groups in a wide variety of
4. Must be detail oriented and follow through with requests/complaints/action plans
5. At least 3 years of customer care experience is required.
6. Medical terminology knowledge required—may go through current available module from the nursing
7. Self-organization and ability to prioritize issues
8. First degree in related field – Business, Marketing, Health services Management, Social Sciences.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Assess every patient complaint (investigate) including closing of complaints in a timely manner
2. Develop, implement and participate in customer service and patient relations initiatives related to
IMG and its centers.
3. Provide weekly accountability and variance analysis of noted Customer Service Outcomes (both
internal and external) to assigned Clinical Service Unit(s).
4. Provide feedback to IAA corporate and personal cover clients, with regard to regular updates, and
management of client issues.
5. Provide monthly analysis of customer satisfaction levels, trends and recommendations.
6. Develop and strengthen the IAA communication strategy – Toll free line, SMS platform, Monthly
newsletter, Health tips, IAA client data base and emails
7. Coordinate, collate and analyze annual Customer satisfaction survey with relevant units,
8. Mange the Health education program
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To ensure all customer complaints or queries are followed through to resolution, and that their
progress is tracked, categorizing them such that you deal with issues that are either urgent and
must be dealt with immediately or can be reported to your line manager(s) as agreed. You need to
plan, resolve, and document and report organization-specific patient and visitor compliments/
complaints, and concerns to management and staff. These must be broken down into urgent plan of
action on issues affecting patient safety; basically clinical and non-clinical complaints.
2. To visit IAA, IMC clinics twice a week per clinic, with 2x Saturday visits per month and 1x Sunday
3. To undertake supervision of daily ward rounds covering IPD1, IPD2 and Hope Ward
4. To undertake the supervision of OPD management regard: to client complaints, service availability,
liaison with specialists etc
5. To coordinate the annual Customer satisfaction surveys , that involves:
a. Survey plan
b. Preparation of tools
c. Distribution and collection of data
d. Analysis of data - Accurate analysis of data to outlining customer profiles, trends and patterns
so as to inform decision-making and interventions
e. Dissemination of feedback to relevant parties; including recommendations
6. Follow through on proposed recommendations and undertake quarterly customer survey reports and
subsequent reporting to Director Business services
7. To present a daily report to the Director Business services, IHK Operations Manager, Nursing and
Clinical Directorate regarding issues of the day. This will require documentation of patient/visitor
concerns including patient demographic data, synopsis of incident, actions taken to resolve, and
8. To present a weekly report covering all work, presented it on template agreed with Director
9. To coordinate and chair weekly customer care meetings; coordinate bi-weekly meetings with the
Director Business Services
10. To adhere to IMG behavioral policy e.g. time and attendance, punctuality, professionalism,
accountability for work, etc
11. To present monthly report on overall Customer satisfaction indices, including a quarterly report as
per agreed outline to Director Business Services
12. Assist staff in identifying appropriate translators for patients who are unable to speak the common
13. Oversee the coordination of printing, availability and dissemination of health leaflets and other
patient information at service points within in IMG
14. Provide leadership in maintaining standards of patient care by giving prompt feedback to staff
regarding short falls in our service or compliments that require recognition
15. Facilitate resolution of complaints/grievances/requests for Patients & Visitors for assigned Clinical
16. Respond to suggestions and compliments submitted by patients and provide positive reinforcement
to involved staff.
17. Ensure patients are aware of their rights and responsibilities (Patient Bill Of Rights).
18. Support company policies to patients as may be required so as to resolve client concerns/
19. Develop, with support from the clinical directorate and clinical operations, a Resolve Concern
System (RCS) database.
20. Compose letters or e-mails to patients, visitors, or IMG Health System physicians, management,
ensuring content and grammatical accuracy.
21. Coordinate interventions/services with other customer service and patient relations department
e.g. IAA, Quality Assurance, HR, etc
22. Collaborate with unit leadership to meet customer service and clinical quality outcomes for the
customer service overall objectives for IMG.
23. Identify systems related problems, via patient/visitor surveys, and work collaboratively with
physicians, management, and staff to resolve them.
24. Conduct monthly and quarterly accountability and variance analysis of customer service outcomes.
25. Analyze complaint/grievance data and collaborate with necessary personnel/staff on a monthly
26. Give structured customer feedback to the Clinical departmental managers on agreed CME sessions
27. Assist in the preparation of annual and quarterly executive reports for senior management; present
data to leadership teams.
28. Develop a consultant relationship with assigned clinics/units to build and sustain a
29. Lead Customer Service Training for staff on assigned issues
30. Participate on committees, work groups, and/or process improvement teams that improve
patient/customer satisfaction—e.g. the infection control team, or the interdisciplinary teams etc
31. Serve as a resource to answer questions regarding patient services, benefit outline, billing, IAA
packages or other.
32. Develop a database of all corporate, personal and Family cover clients: taking into consideration
addresses (physical, email, postal), telephone contacts, renewal dates, updates on covers and be
the liaison with regard to their needs, in liaison with Administrative Services Manager and Sales
33. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Hours of work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except for weekend rounds (flexi-time here) or when following through
issues that may require to go beyond agreed hours or come in earlier
You are required to submit schedules for authorization and information to line manager(s)
Communicate to line manager(s) when off site
Visibility: Engage with clients and develop rapport by conducting daily ward rounds inclusive of OPD area.
Be a key link with the IMC’s practice managers to address their customer issues.
Complaint management: Ensure that all client complaints are managed and closed in a timely manner
Knowledgeable: Have sound knowledge of the IAA Health care products, exclusions and restrictions,
including the systems and policies for IHK and IMC clinics, and be able to communicate these appropriately
Computer use especially MS office and Navision, where necessary
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, EMOTIONAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
You may occasionally deal with difficult and at times angry/ aggressive clients or members of the public by
telephone or in person.
Travelling, where necessary
The post holder may be required to spend long periods walking around the wards, OPD patient areas
including visits to various departments in the organisation. The post holder will also be expected to spend
time working at a keyboard. Frequent interruptions will be experienced necessitating the reprioritizing of
To ensure that all statutory requirements outlined in the IMG handbook and code of professional conduct
and policies are personally adhered to.
How to Apply
Deliver/post your CV and applications by Friday 20th, May 2011 to;
The Human Resource Manager
International Air Ambulance
(at International Hospital Kampala)
Plot 4686, Kisugu- Namuwongo
Po Box 8177, Kampala