Job Title: HIV Support & Treatment Specialist
Chemonics International, a Washington DC based consulting ', firm, seeks a qualified candidate for a full-time Care. Support & \ Treatment Specialist position for the Technical Management Agent j for Civil Society Fund (CSF TMA) project. The purpose of the CSF is to bring together multiple donor funds and disperse grants to civil society that are aligned with national plans and decision taking • processes and enable an effective, scaled up, and comprehensive i response to HIV/AIDS and OVC. The TMA Project works in close | partnership with the CSF Steering Committee (SC). .Uganda AIDS I Commission (UAC), Financial Management Agent (FMA), Monitoring ; and Evaluation Agent (MEA). and other key partners within the CSF. i The role of the CSF TMA includes building technical and institutional j capacities of the CSF sub-grantees; strengthening the operations of the CSF; providing technical support for the monitoring and management of CSF grants; establishing effective and transparent partnering mechanisms within the sub-grantees; strengthening technical and institutional capacities of sub-grantees to plan, manage, coordinate and improve delivery of quality services.
This position is based in Kampala. Uganda and requires relevant work experience and appropriate educational background, as outlined.
The Care, Support and Treatment Specialist has depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience to fulfill the technical requirements of the position. This is a professional position. The main responsibility is to provide technical assistance lo the project in the area of HIV care, support, and treatment.
1. Oversee project activities in HIV care, support and treatment:
a) Review grantee progress reports and write HIV care, treatment and support related sections in a variety of CSF reports.
b) Provide technical and institutional supportive supervision to allocated CSOs during the bi annual joint support supervision exercises, targeted support supervision and off site/desk support.
c) Lead the quarterly analyzing of HIV care, support and treatment data from the GIS and the CSF databases to provide evidence based information to improve the programs of the HIV/AIDS sub grantees
(J) Identify and disseminate HIV care, treatment and support related IEC/BCC materials; policies and guidelines.
e) Supervise HIV care, support and treatment related subcontractors contracted.
2. Provide HIV care, support and treatment related input into annual reviews and subsequent work plans development,
3. Provide input in the development, renewal and closeout of existing and potential CSF awards.
4. Adapt, disseminate, and operationalize technical resource materials for each technical area in HIV care, support and treatment
5. Provide input into the design and implementation of project operational studies (best practices, lessons learned, etc.)
The Care. Support and Treatment Specialist will report to the CSF TMA Senior Technical Advisor.
Required Experience and Academic Qualifications:
The proposed candidate must have:-
1. Degree in Medicine Post graduate training in public health or medicine is an added advantage
2. At least five years experience in HIV care, support and treatment programs
3. At least five years experience in building capacities of CSOs providing HIV care, support and treatment services.
4. Excellent analytical and writing skills with particular emphasis on proposal and report writing
5. Experience working on donor funded HIV care, support and treatment programs
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their electronic application in US Word or pdf file with a CV, 3 references and a brief cover letter explaining why they are suitable for the position to: csftmarecnjtt@C5f.Qr.uj. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and the deadline for submitting applications is Monday July 18, 2011 at 5:00pm Please note that receipt of application does not guarantee any position with the Technical Management Agent for Civil Society Fund.