Job Title: Medical Clinical Officer
IDI received 5-year funding ending September 2013 for implementation of activities funded through the US Department of Health and Human Services/Centres for Disease Control Cooperative Agreement awarded for the Project “Building Capacity for Scaling up HIV/AIDS Services in the districts of Kibaale, Kiboga, Kyankwanzi, Hoima, Masindi and Buliisa.”
This project facilitates collaboration between the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI), other partners and the mentioned districts to build capacity of the districts’ health systems to enable them scale up HIV/AIDS services.
As part of the continued plan to implement the above objectives, IDI is in the process of recruiting a qualified individual to fill the position of Medical Clinical Officer.
1. Medical Clinical Officer- (1 position)
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community health.
• Must be registered with the Allied Health professionals’ Council
• At least 2 years of post-qualification professional experience
• Formal training in HIV/AIDS care and treatment for Clinical officers.
• Use of computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, email and Internet.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Ability to communicate with patients in local language
• Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS related issues
• Knowledge of good clinical procedures and practices
• Ability to work effectively in a team as well as working with district teams
1. Participate in drawing up schedules for the Short Team Technical Assistance Team (STTAT) in the District.
2. Conduct technical support supervision of HIV /AIDS activities in project supported Health facilities in the Districts.
3. Ensure the capacity of Health Workers in supported facilities is built through appropriate Continuous Professional Development sessions and Mentorship Programme.
4. Participate in the planning, budgeting and report generation for STTAT related activities.
5. Ensure quality in all activities conducted by the STTAT.
6. Participate in the quality management of HIV patients in the supported health facilities.
7. Communicate professionally in writing as well generation of reports.
8. Ensure that all activities pertaining to HIV prevention, care and treatment services are offered according to National policies and guidelines.
9. Any others responsibilities assigned by management in line within project scope of work
• Improved quality of service provision in supported HIV clinics
• Improved linkages of HIV positive persons identified through HCT (both Community and PITC) to care.
• Regular support supervision visits, mentorship sessions and CME’s in all supported facilities.
• Participate in the process of accreditation of sites that are yet unaccredited for provision of Anti retroviral therapy services.
Compensation for the position will be commensurate with experience, and training.
Qualified and interested persons may apply online at email@example.com OR Send an application letter with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees, to:
The Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute
P. O. Box 22418, Kampala.
The closing date for the applications is 22nd July 2011. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: Candidates MUST be willing to work and live in Kibaale district.