Job Title: Convenience Retailing Category Manager
Reporting to the Marketing Team Leader, the Convenience Retailing Category Manager will be responsible for managing the Retail Con-venience Retailing (CR) business in Uganda and driving the growth and profitability objectives for this category in line with the strategy developed.
Key performance areas for the role:
• Develop and implement Category Business Plans for selected CR categories (Food, Communications, Tobacco, Soft Drinks, Chilled and Frozen foods. Confectionery and Salty Snacks) in line with CR objectives.
• Manage the selection, procurement and merchandising of products within these categories, specifically dealing with issues of pricing, ranging, merchandising, promotions, suppliers, space and distribution.
• Enhance the portfolio of suppliers in these categories to maximize value to customers, retailers and Shell. Manage the implementation of CR activities in the Retail network.
• Work closely with Territory Managers, Retailers and network team to develop the CR offering, ensure its consistency and maximise value to Shell, retailers and customers as well as address all the day-to-day issues and ensure profitability of CR business;
• Ensure that the shops are managed according to the agreed standards (manual, merchandising, agreements, etc) and within the agreed strategy. Ensure CR offering (Shop, Food, etc) is consistent and exceeds customers' expectation and in line with Shell standards;
• Provide coaching and training in conjunction with the Retail Trainer to Retailers, Quality Marshal Is and site staff on CR; Compile and serve as custodian for all CR-related performance data and results analysis (sales data by Shop & Category, Revenue by Supplier, Alliances etc);
• University Business Graduate;
• Demonstrated 3-5 years working experience in FMCG marketing a pre-requlsite;
• Strong Analytical Skills;
• Good knowledge of business systems and sound ability to generate robust, timely reports requisite for decision-making;
• Strong team member having worked with sales support and cross functional teams with excellent communications skills;
• Demonstration of the following Core Values (Honesty, Integrity. Respect for People) and Behaviours (Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork).
• Strong team member with good communications skills, personal initiative and drive.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge, and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your detailed resume with your cell phone contact via email to email@example.com or to the following address, cleared marking the Job Reference on the envelope.
The Human Resource Manager,
Shell Uganda Limited,
Plot 9/11, 7th Street Industrial Area
P. O. Box 7082 Kampala
Deadline for application is 28 July 2011.