Job Title: Cycle Planning & Activations Manager
Type of Job Full Time - Non-Exempt (OT eligible)
External Job Description
EABL operates within a multi cultural, multi national, multi currency environment. EABL comprises four business units: UBL, EAML, CGI and KBL. UBL is further categorised into Demand and Supply. The Supply business is involved in production of beer and spirits. The Demand business is involved in marketing and pushing the product to consumers.
This role is located within the Demand Sales business. Approximately 40% of UBL’s sales is sold in less than 1700 outlets out of the universe of over 10,000 outlets. New trends show that increasingly there is a professional approach to Bar Management and multiple outlet ownership is starting to grow. This growth is mainly in the big accounts. EABL urgently needs to build its influence with these customers in order to move away from an increasingly price-focused dialogue, to focus upon mutual growth that delivers improved profit and volumes.
The Cycle Planning & Activations Manager works with a team composed of the Sales Administration Manager, Sales Training Manager, Sales Operations Manager, Marketing team and all Sales department management. The job holder will also work with Distributors and External auditors where high levels of respect/contact are required.
This position will be based 50% in the Office and 50% in the field across the region.
Effective management and investment of ugx xx million btl sales budget (Depending on region: East, West, North, Kampala inner, Kampala outer)
EABL (u) demand has 54% volume share of beer market. EABL (u) demand is the No.1 FMCG Company in Uganda and also markets IDU brands. EABL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrant of new players in the total alcohol category. This necessitates the need for pro-active business approach. The national distribution structure within the Ugandan alcohol market is key to EABLs delivery of both volume growth and market share.
EABL (u) has market share of 54% of Total Alcohol by category sales and about 50% in the spirits sector. There is increased threat from up and coming players in both beer and spirits especially in the lower and upper end market.
The job holder has no direct leadership responsibilities.
Purpose of Role:
Contribution towards the research & development of the UBL btl strategy acknowledging both trade and brand objectives and manage the btl budget and evaluate the effectiveness of the spend.
To co-ordinate the creation, targeting, implementation and evaluation of the UBL national promotion programme while analysing competitor activity strengths and weaknesses and propose corrective action.
To ensure continuity / alignment between regional promotion plans and brand integrity
TOP 3-5 Accountabilities
• Design and develop btl promotional plans and strategies for UBL, working in close liaison with UBL brand team
• Develop and maintain a matrix of national promotional events by month, by brand, by region
• Manage the evaluation of all promotion activity, as agreed
• Generate new innovative promotion mechanics
• Develop sales force presenter materials for each brand and promotion activity
• Attend at least 25 promotional events per month, throughout Uganda, to evaluate promotion effectiveness
• To issue a contact report after each field visit
• Manage the ordering, delivery and distribution of promotion support materials, sales aids and presentation items, in the right place, at the right time, at the right cost.
• Ensure compliance with safety requirements at the work environment.
Qualifications and Experience Required: Qualifications
• A Bachelor degree in a relevant field
• At least 4 years in brand management, trade marketing and marketing support.
• Comprehensive understanding of Uganda beer market
How to Apply:
Deadline: 8th June 2012