Job Title: Manager – Roads/Highways & Bridges [Ref: HRM/12/3]
Reports to the Country Director
1. Represent the company for all roads/highways and bridge engineering matters.
2. Develop the business sector by preparing proposals (technical and financial), submit
to the client and follow up, represent the company in tender negotiations, prepare
technical and progress reports to the client’s satisfaction.
3. Carry out geometric layouts, horizontal and vertical alignments, site grading, at-grade
junctions and/or grade separated interchanges design.
4. Perform pavement analysis, signing and pavement marking for roadways.
5. Utilize proficiency in traffic data collection; automatic and manual traffic counts,
traffic analysis, in addition to traffic signal design and lighting design.
6. Prepare scope of work documents and technical specifications relating to
roads/highways/bridges for bid documents and for works contracts.
7. Evaluate proposals submitted from bidders relative to roads/highway and bridge
engineering for Works contracts and make recommendations for award of contracts
with respect to roads/highway and bridge engineering aspects of proposals.
8. Perform engineer’s cost estimates for the roads/highway and bridge engineering
9. Review contractor’s submittals for approval and respond to Request for Information
10. Visit projects sites to attend project meetings, observe field conditions, evaluate
environmental constraints, resolve problems, perform special inspections and field
reporting and advising.
11. Organize, draft, finalize, coordinate and manage technical documents.
12. Attend regularly scheduled in-house meetings as well as meetings with clients and
Education and Experience:
• Registered Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board or equivalent.
• Master’s degree in road/highway/material engineering or equivalent.
• Eight (08) years’ experience in the road/highway/material engineering designs and
• Experience in preparing technical and financial proposals for consulting services.
How to Apply:
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic papers,
copies of registration certificates, expected salary, and names/contact of three referees by
email in portable document format (PDF) to email: email@example.com or deliver to
Country Director – Uganda, ILISO Consulting (Pty) Ltd, Plot 38-42 Ntinda Road [Capital
Shoppers City, 3rd Floor], P.O. Box 21291, Kampala, Uganda by July 20, 2012 5:00 p.m.
Deadline: 20th July 2012