Job Title: Exciting Career Opportunities
Stromme Foundation is a Norwegian based international development organization that helps poor people in Africa, Asia and South America to cross the poverty line.
Through challenging, committed and long term partnerships with local organizations, along with focused and lasting value creation for every donation the organization is entrusted with, Strømme Foundation aims to eradicate poverty by working with donors and partners in 13 countries.
SF intervenes through two thematic areas of Education and Microfinance. The Regional Office of SF in Kampala, is an extension of the Head Office in Norway, and was set up to coordinate the work of the SF partner organisation’s in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and South Sudan.
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Duty Station: Kampala – Uganda and relates on technical issues to ICT Support, Norway.
Day to day ICT work and training is done in consultation with the ICT Manager in Norway.
• The ICT Coordinator is in charge of developing and maintaining the Stromme Eastern Africa, Information and Communication Technology and ensures that all users of the Stromme internet and computers are compliant to the Stromme Foundation ICT policy.
• ICT Coordinator is the focal person on all ICT related matters of SF Eastern Africa striving to achieve zero down time in ICT related equipment.
• Undertake routine maintenance and servicing of ICT equipment in the region and sub offices and investigate user challenges, and provide solutions under administration from ICT Norway.
• Oversee ICT equipment repairs. ICT Coordinator is expected to take proactive steps to ensure that all ICT related equipment is running trouble free.
• Installing of and periodic updating of recommended software on all SF computer equipment.
• Maintain an up to date inventory of all ICT equipment in the region and software on each equipment.
• Safe keeping of warranty cards related to ICT equipment.
• Ensure that none of the regional ICT equipment have pirated software
• Maintenance of a Virus-Free IT System in the Region installing Anti-Virus software that is managed by ICT Norway.
• Setting up computer for Exchange and SharePoint system used in SF and managed by ICT Norway
• Ensure proper functioning of the network security and Internet connection by the internet provider at all times.
• Timely/prompt follow up of any internet of ip-phone failures
• Ensure regular off-site and internal backup routine is employed for the RO and its suboffices.
• Update and work with information on SF intranet as well as SF partner databases.
• Periodic training and support regional staff in use of the SF Intranet and other ICT usage.
• Individuals with a first honors degree or diploma in Computer Science OR Information Technology.
• At least two years experience in a similar position or education that can cover for this.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft products like Windows XP 7 and Office 2007 and 2010.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint is an advantage
• Quick learner, responsive and self-driven.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Be abreast with current technological trends.
• Experience in developing and managing a database would be of an added advantage.
• Windows Server 2008 R2 – training will be provided if one meets the job requirements.
• Identification with SF vision, mission and values
• A creative/resourceful individual who possesses energy, self-confidence, and flexibility and thrives in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
• Should have judgment necessary to understand, balance, and respond to the competing needs of many different constituents
• Should be a good team player, passionate and of high integrity,
• Possess excellent people skills
• A Committed Christian. The ICT Coordinator should demonstrate exemplary Christian stewardship at all times.
• Should be willing to travel within and outside the country.
Reporting to the Regional Programmes Coordinator, the M&E Officer will primarily be instrumental in enabling SF focus on the results achieved through supported interventions and in particular changes in the lives and livelihoods of the poor who are targeted in the supported interventions.
The M&E Officer, will enable SF to more systematically capture innovative ways of working and to maximize positive impact on poverty. The Position is key in ensuring improvement in programme quality and targeting and for assisting the organization to grow as a knowledge centre.
The M&E Officer is expected to contribute significantly to overall direction, strategy, programme formulation and implementation of programmes in the region.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
• Lead in the development and elaboration of an M&E strategy for Stromme Foundation East Africa.
• Develop / improve on M&E tools to be used by staff and Partners in the various intervention / thematic areas.
• Support/guide partners in undertaking of baselines and periodic update of baselines, developing of log frames and M&E plans.
• Develop and coordinate an overall M&E system including an MIS database for the various interventions for purposes of information generation, analysis, reporting, documentation, dissemination, feedback, etc at the Regional Office level and also with the partners.
• Assist Stromme technical staff to periodically carry out assessments, review of programmes, partners, campaigns, teasing out of best practices in interventions, etc and participate in the process wherever possible; in order to bring out lessons and recommendations for consideration and change in programme direction/strategy.
• Ensure mid-term and end-term evaluations of various supported interventions and ensure dissemination of evaluation results.
• Follow up and facilitate in implementation of evaluation/study recommendations
• Facilitate process of preparation of in-depth studies on innovative approaches/best practices in the region and widely circulate them.
• Build partner capacity in M&E systems.
• Individuals with a first honors degree in relevant field with at least five years experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO shall be considered. Relevant post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years experience in development programmes (experience in Microfinance and Education related programmes would be an added advantage.
• A creative individual able to do multi-tasking and can thrive in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment, able to bring fresh ideas and a genuine interest in trying new approaches.
• Keen interest in research, possessing high conceptual, analytical skills and report writing skills.
• Ability to assess programme impacts and incorporate lessons into the design and implementation of programmes.
• A strong and articulate communicator both orally and on paper.
• Should be a good team player, of high integrity, and articulate about rights based development approach and social change.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high programmatic quality support, innovation, implementation and strategic planning skills.
• Dedication to improving impact and efficiency
• Proven Experience in developing and working with MIS Databases.
• Should be willing to travel extensively locally and internationally.
• A Committed practicing Christian.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you fit this profile, please send your application to:
The Regional Director, Stromme Foundation,
P.O Box 27200, Kampala
Please attach your curriculum vitae, capability statement, current remuneration, telephone contact, photocopies of testimonials; and contacts of three referees by Friday 24th August, 2012 Or hand deliver your application to the office on Plot 25, Bukoto Street-Kamwokya
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 24th Aug 2012