Job Title: Assistant Motor Pool Supervisor/Dispatcher
U. S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 043/2012 Date: 08/13/2012
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
POSITION: Assistant Motor Pool Supervisor/Dispatcher; FP-8 FSN-6
OPENING DATE: August 14, 2012
CLOSING DATE: August 27, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
"The American Embassy is seeking an individual for the position of Assistant Motor Pool Supervisor/Dispatcher."
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the supervision of Motor Pool Supervisor, plans, directs and coordinates the use of motor vehicles and chauffeurs to provide efficient transportation services to the Embassy.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education required: Completion of secondary school (both ‘O and A’ level) is required.
2. Work Experience required: Three years hands-on experience in general administration involving planning, prioritizing, coordinating and directing resources and people.
3. Language required: Level III (good working knowledge) spoken and written English ability is required.
4. Knowledge required: Must have good knowledge of data management, safety and maintenance practices. Familiarity with local traffic laws and patterns is required.
5. Skills and Abilities required: Must have a valid local driver’s license for combined types of vehicles. Must have multi-tasking ability and an aptitude to exercise judgment making the best use of equipment and personnel resources; in managing priorities, making recommendations and providing customer service to all.
After an initial application screening, applicants will be invited to a testing process that may include a written examination and oral interviews. The selected candidate must pass pre-employment medical and security investigations before beginning work. The initial appointment period is one year, subject to renewal.
Normally, candidates for employment are hired at the first step of the designated pay grade. In some instances, candidates may be hired at a higher step when exceptional qualifications or previous governmental service and pay level so warrant. The Human Resources Officer will make the decision with the concurrence of the employing section.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and visa status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their appointment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174).
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicants work experience attached as a separate sheet;
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae.
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g. essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.
Deadline: 27th Aug 2012