Job Title: Security Clerk; FP-9 FSN-5
U. S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 048/2012 Date: 08/13/2012
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
POSITION: Security Clerk; FP-9 FSN-5
OPENING DATE: August 13, 2012
CLOSING DATE: August 26, 2012
WORK HOURS: Full-time: 40 hours/ week
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
"The American Embassy is seeking an individual for the position of Security Clerk in the Regional Security Office."
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Provides office support for FSN investigators at the Embassy. Functions include establishing and maintaining a variety of investigative and administrative database, maintaining files, case tracking, preparing case forms, maintaining updated contact lists, scheduling the making of embassy IDs, providing clerical support through scheduling and liaison with the RSO, other embassy offices and local guard forces, arranging travel and time sheet submissions.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available on http://kampala.usembassy.gov/job_opportunites.html
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education required: Completion of secondary school (both ‘O and A’) is required.
2. Work Experience: Two years of secretarial experience in a professional work environment is required.
3. Language Requirement: Level II English ability (good working knowledge of written, spoken and reading) is required. Level III (good working knowledge) of a local language is required.
4. Knowledge: Working knowledge of the general office procedures and expectations, knowledge of filing systems and computer based administration systems is required. Knowledge of working in a professional office environment and understanding of Ugandan administrative protocols is required.
5. Skills and Abilities: Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite applications, ability to exercise initiative and be resourceful in obtaining information or evidence, ability to draft concise reports in English and superior interpersonal skills are required.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and visa status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their appointment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174).
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1-24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicants work experience attached as a separate sheet;
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae.
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g. essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
By email at KampalaHR@state.gov.
ONLY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please use standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and please send all documents in one file attachment.
Deadline: 26th Aug 2012