Job Title: Administration Manager
Duty Station: UHMG Head Office -Kampala
Reports to: Director Human Resource and Administration
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide professional guidance and advisory services in managing the Administration portfolio of the organization.
The position holder will also oversee the smooth operation of the offi ce, and ensure that related administrative documents are prepared, followed regularly, and implemented in compliance with the defi ned systems and processes.
S/he will co-ordinate the process of implementing and reviewing the administration systems of the organization, and communicate organizational policy reviews and updates to ensure compliance. S/he will ensure that UHMG employees are aware of and comply with donor rules, regulations, and standards on procurement integrity and ethics.
This position requires a self-driven, resilient, and fl exible person with extensive capacity in the areas of corporate offi ce management, policy formulation, administration, and property management.
The person should be result oriented, have strong conceptual and analytical skills, with expertise in proactive information gathering, analysis and impact monitoring, and should have the capacity to work with minimum supervision.
S/he must focus on quality, improvement effectiveness and efficiency, and model independence, objectivity, ethics, integrity, professionalism, and avoidance of bias and conflict of interest.
Essential Job Functions:
The Administration Manager will be specifically responsible for the following tasks:-
1. Develop the annual Administration work-plan and monitor implementation with respective Officers.
2. Supervise administrative staff and undertake periodic evaluation and feedback on their performance. Provide mentoring and coaching for performance improvement and succession planning.
3. Coordinate all administrative and property-management matters of the organization.
4. Support the supervisor in the preparation of board committee meetings, and the record of meeting minutes. Assist in the coordination of board-related matters and preparation of board meetings and documentation.
5. Initiate, coordinate, and monitor implementation and review of office data, and records management systems in collaboration with the supervisor. Ensure up-to-date administrative and contractual records in are maintained by the Administrative Officer.
6. In liaison with the ICT Officer, ensure staff undertake regular electronic fi ling of data on shared drives as per the ICT policy requirements.
7. Ensure the maintenance of an accessible secure central fi ling system, and archiving of administrative resource documents.
8. In collaboration with the other directorates of UHMG, ensure compliance with donor procurement and administrative policies and procedures, and compliance with government legal and statutory requirements and regulations.
9. Ensure the regular update of the fixed assets register by the Administrative Officer on a monthly basis.
10. Ensure the maintenance of all office inventory records and the availability of adequate stocks (i.e. stationary, sundries, and cleaning materials).
11. Ensure that monthly stock-taking reports on fixed assets, stationery, sundries, and consumables are prepared by the Administrative Officer.
12. Ensure monthly vehicle and generator maintenance reports and fuel consumption reports are submitted on time by the Transport Officer, and analyzed accordingly for performance checks.
13. Oversee the regular and timely upkeep, maintenance, and repairs of the office premises and assets (i.e. furniture, fittings, equipment, and buildings).
14. Ensure the office compound (both interior and exterior) is maintained in a clean and professional manner, and that gardening and cleaning maintenance services are effected in a timely manner.
15. Manage the asset insurance and vehicle insurance schemes, and coordinate the insurance renewal process in a timely manner.
16. Provide oversight and advice in the planning, preparation, and coordination of monthly all-staff meetings.
17. Ensure a conducive working and safe office environment to staff, that meals are provided in a hygienic manner, that security guidelines are followed to guarantee the security of employees as well as physical assets of the organization, and that security surveillance reports are up-to-date.
18. Coordinate the allocation, management, and use of office space by the respective occupants, ensuring proper office lay out and outlook. Ensure that the front desk represents the organization to visitors in a professional and ambient manner.
19. In liaison with supervisor, continuously review and amend, organizational policies and procedures to reflect global trends, and ensure they are legally compliant. Share updates with staff on timely basis and ensure policies are well disseminated, received, and understood.
20. Submit weekly, monthly, and quarterly Administration activity reports.
21. Occasionally track human resource and administration-related expenses, and review budget balances.
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Office Management, or related field. Post graduate Diploma in Management (essential).
Masters Degree in Management (an added advantage). At least 3 years experience in management and administration, including the running of a growing organization is mandatory.
Experience in general office management, fleet, assets, and stores with large organizations a plus. Demonstrable results in previous work environment would reinforce claims to this experience.
Ability to consult, make and implement decisions in line with agreed principles and criteria. Display high ethical standards and integrity, strong personal values and character.
Able to think analytically, independently and creatively, and have attention to detail. Must have strong leadership and result-oriented skills, and should be meticulous, and able to work independently, with objectivity and sound judgment. Have self motivation, initiative, hard work, orientation, and good team work/player skills.
Have organization and facilitation skills, as well as good communication and feedback skills in person and in writing (reporting).
Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and to stand pressure, observe and work under strict deadlines in a multidisciplinary, multidimensional organization.
Able to grow in a challenging career and to add value to the organization’s strategic goals, and adapt to change.
How to Apply:
Send or deliver your CV, copies of certificates and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the 'top left-hand side of the envelope' to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager,
uganda Health Marketin Group, Ltd
Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda
P.O Box 4553, Kampala
Deadline: 1st Oct 2012