Job Title: Senior Sector Technical Officer
Duty Station: Gulu
Reports to: Health Systems Strengthening Director
Uganda Health Marketing Group is part of the consortium that will implement the Northern Uganda- Health Integrated to enhance services (NU-HITES) project.
This is a 5 year project funded by USAID and will be implemented in the 15 districts of Acholi and Lango sub-regions. UHMG is a lead on the private sector engagement and logistics supply chain Management.
The position’s primary responsibility is to support the private health sector for improved service provision, enhance harmonization between the public & private health sectors, and increase the private sector accountability on health.
The focus will centre on leveraging public-private partnerships and authentic collaboration within the Public Private Partnership for Health (PPPH) framework.
Essential Job Functions:
The Senior Private Sector Technical Officer will be specifically responsible for the following tasks:-
1. Lead on the accreditation of private health facilities: Conduct an inventory of existing private sector providers; evaluate quality of service provision including level of staffing, infrastructure and medical equipments so as to guide selection of facilities that would enroll into the Good Life Franchise.
2. Working closely with professional bodies and the District health offices in the 15 project districts; provide continuous mentorship to the private sector health facilities focusing on adherence to standards, skills development, and system strengthening for quality service provision.
3. Market health services and products that are provided in the private Good Life clinics and shops in the project districts
4. Working with the accredited private health facilities (Good Life Clinics); establish a community health insurance aimed at enhancing affordability of health services and products provided by the private health sector facilities
5. Engage the private sector companies in Uganda to support health service provision in Northern Uganda in fulfillment of their corporate social responsibility
6. Provide periodic updates and reports to UHMG head office and the project teams on the performance of the private health sector service provision
Minimum Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
Bachelors degree in Social sciences, Medicine and Health sciences. Masters and
Post graduate degree holders in the respective disciplines will have an added advantage
How to Apply:
Send or deliver your CV, copies of certificates and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the 'top left-hand side of the envelope' to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager,
uganda Health Marketin Group, Ltd
Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda
P.O Box 4553, Kampala
Deadline: 1st Oct 2012