INFORMATION SUPPORT ENGINEER
CNOOC Uganda Limited
Location: Kampala and mobilized to Lake Albert, construction sites or other cities if required.
Responsible for providing desk side support and telephone support with regards to hardware, software and network related issues to end-users .
• Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop and laptop PC’s and peripherals- to include printers, PDA’s and scanners;
• Installing and configuring applications and operating system software and upgrades;
• Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues;
• Imaging new devices using Ghost Console;
• Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines;
• Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving issues dealing with malicious software infections;
• Ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction;
• Maintaining accurate documentation of technical support;
• Authorizing documents on common issues and solutions in order to build the knowledge base;
• Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Line Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Information Technology or related majoring in informatics
• Certification in Microsoft/CISCO
• At least 3 years of related work experience installing and supporting PC and Laptop hardware and software.
• Extensive experience in the set-up, configuration, use, and trouble shooting of computers
• Extensive knowledge in installation/ configuration/maintenance/trouble shooting of Window OS and common office software such as office 2007 and Acrobat Reader.
• Extensive knowledge of desktop and laptop PC hardware and peripherals
• Good knowledge of IT services best practice.
• Good knowledge of network and related protocol.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft AD and its application.
• Good knowledge of Anti-virus software such as Norton or Symantec.
How to Apply
CNOOC Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of China National Off shore Oil Corporation (CNOOC). As a new company in Uganda, CNOOC Uganda limited is delighted to offer employment opportunities to the local talent. Grow your career with CNOOC Uganda Limited and join our experienced team of professionals. Are you focused, committed, passionate and ready to take on new challenges? Then this could be your opportunity to make a valid contribution to the development of the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
Please send ONLY a CV and Application Letter MERGED into ONE document to
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 20th Sept 2012