Job Title: BSS First Line Maintenance Engineer
About this job
Our Client Innovis offers Network Services and has vast experience in running complex networks. It works with Telecom Operators in Network Planning & Deployment Services, Network Operations Services, Network Performance Services, Market Entry & Consulting services and HR - Manpower Consultancy Services & is seeking to recruit a result driven and motivated individual for the vacancy above;
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that on-site faults in the managed network are solved correctly and timely.
• Perform on-site fault maintenance of BTS, Node B, Microwave Radio, BSC, RNC, and other Optical transmission Nodes in the Network as per assigned territory and trouble tickets.
• Perform planned preventive maintenance of BTS/NodeB/BSC/RNC/ Transmission Sites as per agreed plan and check list.
• Prepare preventive maintenance report.
• Responsible to do follow-up with 3rd. party equipment or infra provider like OFC for fault maintenance.
• Plan and maintain the Spare parts of the assigned Sites.
• Perform critical maintenance of passive infra like Electrical and DG of hub Sites.
• Attend to field checking of customer complaints.
• Preparation of root cause analysis of faults on daily. Weekly and monthly basis.
• Support the Second line Maintenance team for on-site activity during s/w up-grade.
• Perform expansion work in the Network which involves addition of plug-in units.
• Checking the charging and discharging of Battery at the Sites.
• Perform Acceptance Testing of New Network Elements at the BTS Sites.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Basic knowledge of GSM and WCDMA Technology.
• Basic knowledge of BTS Sites infra elements like Electrical, DG, Tower, Earthing system, Alarms, Shelter, Rectifier, Battery etc.
.• Understanding the Architecture and configuration of NSN Node B( series 600), Ericsson BTS( series 2000& 6000), Ericsson Mini link Microwave Radio ( PDH & SDH).
• Trouble shooting skills of NSN Node B(series 600), Ericsson BTS( series 2000 & 6000) , Ericsson Mini link Microwave Radio, Huawei Optical Fibre Terminal Equipment.
• Basic knowledge of Ericsson BSC and NSN RNC.
• Alignment of Microwave Radio Antenna.
• VSWR measurement of Antenna line using Site Master.
• Power measurement of BTS.
• Checking of sector swap.
• BER measurement of Microwave Radio.
• Earth Resistance checking using Earth resistance Meter.
• Use of GPS, Camera, Inclino Meter etc.
• Connectorisation of feeder cable and IF cable.
• Crimping of Lugs for Power cable.
• Climbing of Tower using safety gears.
• At least 1 year Experience in operation and maintenance of NSN Node B & RNC equipment.
• 2-3 years Experience in operation and maintenance of Ericsson BTS (2106,2116,2206,2207,2216, 6101,6102,6201,2309), Ericsson Mini link Microwave Radio ( PDH & SDH).
• Experience in basic maintenance of Site passive infra like Electrical & DG.
• Graduate in Engineering ( Telecommunication or Electronics)Practical training in operation and maintenance of Ericsson BTS/BSC, NSN Node B.
Driving of Vehicle ( Holding valid driving license).
Capable of climbing Tower ( attended Safety training for climbing tower).
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to email@example.com.
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.
Deadline: 2nd Nov 2012