Job Title: Spectrum Occupancy Consultant (1)
Reports to: Spectrum Occupancy and Interference Officer
Role: The job holder is the Technical front line/ on the ground advisor and support to the spectrum planning and monitoring unit regarding matters of spectrum occupancy and utilisation measurements and assessments of various bands, assignments and services.
Key Result Areas:
· Perform and provide routine and detailed analysis of occupancy measurements to establish utilization levels of allocated bands and radio frequency spectrum assignments;
· Study and assess radio equipment installations and service and network deployment plans and advise on appropriate technical specifications and operational conditions in line with radio frequency spectrum occupancy levels;
· Analyse and report trends related to radio frequency spectrum occupancy levels for various allocated and assigned spectrum and related service bands;
· Operate, maintain databases and advise on the adequacy of systems, tools and equipment used to conduct occupancy measurements;
· Provide technical support to the Regional offices regarding occupancy and utilisation assessments, measurements and reporting; and
· Participate and contribute to planning and monitoring activities including technical evaluation and enforcement of non compliance and conformity issues, radio frequency spectrum and equipment, illegal and misuse cases, correspondences with clients and administrative function of the Unit.
· A Bachelors degree in Telecommunications, Electronic, Electrical or Radio Communications Engineering from a recognized Institute or university.
Experience and Knowledge
· At least two (2) years of hands on experience in radio frequency, spectrum management or radio – frequency communications, preferably in the Telecommunications and/or ICT sector;
· Must demonstrate good interpersonal and customer relations skills;
· Possession of excellent analytical and report writing skills and technical acumen; and
· Possession of high level of accuracy, integrity and honesty.
How to Apply:
· All applications should be forwarded electronically to: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
· Scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials MUST be attached to the applications.
· Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as referees.
· Please note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach NOT later than 5:00 pm on 25th January, 2013.
UCC is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Deadline: 25th January 2013