Job Title: Laboratory supervisor – Tororo laboratory HUB
Location: HUB Laboratory Tororo.
Reports to: Laboratory Support Officer TASO HQ
Directly Supervises: Laboratory quality assurance and control officer
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage HUB Laboratory while liaising with District laboratory focal persons (DLFP’S) to coordinate shipment of samples from all Public health facility sites (HCIV & HCIII), and strengthening their laboratories towards accreditation.
• Samples from Public health facility sites coordinated
• Laboratory services at HUB Laboratory well managed
• Laboratory investigations carried out
• Laboratory reagents and equipment maintained
• Laboratory reagents and supplies purchased
• Resources attached to HUB laboratory well managed
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees Laboratory testing, assigning tasks according to current protocols, procedures, and quality assurance requirements.
• Ensure that there is high level of precision and accuracy for all the tests conducted.
• Review and monitor the laboratory data reports to assure that data is being correctly released to clients
• Monitor the functionality of laboratory equipment, standard equipping of laboratory sections to handle required tests and ensure that they are in good working condition and that safety guidelines are followed.
• Supports laboratory stepwise improvement towards accreditation and quality improvement program
• Carry out support supervision visits to Public health facilities together with DLFP’s and Coordinate activities of SLIMTA in all participating laboratories in the districts of Tororo, Manafwa and Jinja
• Support the recruitment of competent laboratory personnel; manage their performance and provision of necessary logistics in execution of their duties.
• Take measures to ensure proper disposal practices for chemical hazardous waste as per environmental health standards
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS – laboratory Supervisor – Tororo laboratory HUB
Diploma in Medical Laboratory technology and a degree in any of the Biological sciences is an added advantage
Minimum Experience and Exposure:
Five years and more of Medical Laboratory Technology preferably in a routine and research laboratory of rural setting. Registration with AHPC will be an added advantage.
• Sound understanding of laboratory testing, analysis, and use of modern laboratory automated equipment is required
• Management of trainings
• Knowledge in Laboratory Information systems
• GCLP and GCP training
How to Apply:
Only qualified candidates that meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees. Please firmly staple your papers together specify the position applied for on the top right corner of the envelope.
TASO offers a competitive package for all the positions.
Note: only short listed candidates will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 1st March 2013.
Please forward your applications to:
The Human Resource & Administration Director
P.O. BOX 10443, KAMPALA
“OR hands deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital”.
THE AIDS SUPPORT ORGANIZATION (TASO UGANDA)