Job Title: Public Information Officer
The World Food Program is a United Nations frontline agency against world hunger.
• Strategically plan for communication and public information for donor relations and resource mobilization ;
• Prepare questions & Answers to help the Country Director handle hand situations , as well as taking points , media advisories and media backgrounders.
• Draft and pitch editorial material which includes op-eds letters to the editor, targeted advertorials and feature articles with a focus on donor visibility and resource mobilization
• Masters or University Degree coupled with relevant working experience with emphasis in one or more of the following disciplines, Journalism, International relations , editing , communication or other related field gained from a recognized Institution ;
• At least three years working experience as a journalist, public information management , professional writing as well as experience in developing information strategies;
• Good working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications is a must.
How to apply
Ugandan nationals who meet the above requirements are requested to submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates under confidential cover quoting on the envelop.
The Human Resources Officer
UN World Food Program
P. O.Box 7159
Hand Deliver applications should be dropped in a box at the reception of WFP Offices at plot 17-19, Clement Hill Road
Deadline: 21 / 03 /2013