Main Duty: In close collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, to be responsible
for the efficient and administrative and human resource management of HURINET-U.
Specific Duties: The successful person will be responsible for the following:
• Ensure that the financial management is in compliance with the HURINET-U
• Monitor the internal control systems and advise management on the adequacy
and/or need for review of the existing systems or policies.
• Responsible for the overall budget preparation, monitoring and reporting.
• Monitor the organization’s cash/funds flows and advise management as
• Ensure compliance with the procurement policies and procedures.
• To prepare periodic financial reports for management, the Board, Donor
partners or other stakeholders as may be required from time to time.
• To work in consultation with management to ensure that HURINET-U’s financial
reporting and other contractual obligations to its partners are adhered to
in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with the HR and other administrative policies.
• To undertake other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
• To ensure the development, improvement of appropriate staff performance
assessment tools and plans for the staff performance tools as well as their
implementation in consultation with the CEO.
• Degree in Accounting or Management; and at least stage II of CPA, ACCA,
ICPAU or full membership of ICSA.
• At least 5 years experience in financial and HR management in the Non-Nonprofit
• Knowledge and experience in policies development, implementation and
• Excellent financial and administrative skills.
• Good administration skill.
• Excellent interpersonal, diagnostic, problem-solving and conceptual skills
• Understanding funding grid and conditional ties.
• HR development knowledge.
Application letters with comprehensive CV and copies of certificates with full
address including E-mail and phone contact, and names of three independent
referees should be posted or delivered to the address below so as to reach not
later than Monday, 30th August, 2010.
Note: Please indicate the position applied for on top of the envelope.
The Chief Executive Officer
Human Rights Network-Uganda
Plot 94 Old Kiira Road, Ntinda
P. O. Box 21265, Kampala