Location Central – Kampala
Role * Plan the procurement and disposal activities of the Centre through the consolidation of the individual user departments’ procurement and disposal work plans into a Master work plan
UGANDA WILDLIFE EDUCATION CENTRE
Uganda Wildlife Education Centre (UWEC) formerly known as Entebbe Zoo is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Trade and Industry.
We seek to recruit strongly motivated and highly qualified professionals to fill the following positions for a contract period of three years renewable.
POST: PROCUREMENT OFFICER.
Reports to: Finance, Administration and Business Development Manager Salary Scale: W3 Purpose of the Job: To lead all activities of the Procurement and Disposal Unit, and assist in coordinating the entire Centre’s procurement and disposal activities in accordance with PPDA Act and Regulations and UWEC’s internal policies. Duties and responsibilities:
* Plan the procurement and disposal activities of the Centre through the consolidation of the individual user departments’ procurement and disposal work plans into a Master work plan
* To undertake the tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of portfolio of corporate contract including the centre’s capital purchasing programs,
* To assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standard.
* To actively promote the procurement function within the centre and to have up to date knowledge of related procurement legislation for PPDA
* Prepare monthly reports for the Contracts Committee – on Procurements, Disposals and Micro-Procurements
* A university degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with professional qualification in Procurement.
* A professional qualification in the related field may be an added advantage. Experience:
* At least 3 years of experience in procurement in a public entity.
* Should be able to demonstrate ability to co-ordinate complex procurement work without supervision,
Apply for this job
If you fit in any of the above rewarding and exciting positions please submit to the address below your application together with a CV, copies or relevant academic documents, personal contacts, names and contact for three referees not later than 6-09-2010
The Executive Director,
Uganda Wildlife Education Centre,
Plot 56/57 Johnstone Street
P.O. Box 369, Entebbe, Uganda
Email: email@example.com, www.uweczoo.org