Job title. PROGRAM DIRECTOR,
Company. Uganda Virus Research Institute
The UVRI-IAVI HIV Vaccine Program invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill a new position of the Director.
Main functions of the position
• The Director provides leadership, assumes a major strategic and policy role and will be responsible for the planning, management and evaluation of the Program.
• Set strategic vision and define the program’s goals, building new collaborations, fostering a creative and productive environment.
• Lead development of the annual program work plan and oversee the operational components to ensure they support the technical objectives and overall technical excellence of the program.
• Ensure the Program attracts sufficient funding to ensure its future viability.
• Candidates will have the highest research credibility, a track record in acquiring competitive peer reviewed research funding and a track record of publication.
• Medical degree with relevant postgraduate training or PhD in health related field.
• Experience in managing biomedical research programs according to the highest standards of GCP.
deadline 11 9 2010