Job Title: Programmes Director
ActionAid International Uganda
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the excluded people in the world to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustices and the inequity that cause it.
ActionAid International Uganda seeks to recruit to one (1) competent person to fill the position of Programmes Director. The vacancy exists at ActionAid International Uganda- Kampala Office.
To provide overall leadership and guidance in the development, implementation and monitoring of the AAIU strategic framework and programmes.
Key Result Areas:
1. Coordinate strategic planning, program development, review and evaluation processes.
2. Guide program operational planning, implementation and monitoring processes.
3. Enforce adherence to program-specific procedures for requisition and reporting expenditures in accordance with Financial Policy and Procedures Manual, ActionAid International Financial Management Framework and International Financial Reporting System.
4. Provide quality assurance to program related communication to both internal and external stakeholders of ActionaAid International Uganda.
5. Supervise, motivate, appraise staff in the Directorate and build the capacity of program and non program staff in line with the organizational strategy and policies.
6. Participate in the recruitment processes in line with organisation requirements and contribute to the development and execution of a plan for acquiring and developing key talent.
7. Contribute to resource mobilization by providing quality assurance to proposal development.
8. Provide leadership in Networking and building strategic alliances in line with organizational strategies and policies.
9. Contribute to strategic decision making through the Central Management Team and support to the board.
10. Provide leadership in partner identification, appraisal and capacity building processes.
The applicant must demonstrate ability in the following competencies;
• Strategic planning and management
• Funding proposal development
• Donor contract management
• Staff and partner capacity development
• Communication and public relations
• Resource Mobilization and Monitoring
• Networking and collaboration
• People management skills
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Corporate Governance
• Finance Management skills
• Program management skills
• Performance management
A Master’s degree in appropriate Social Science discipline with at least 4-5 years relevant experience from a reputable organization.
Applications should be sent with a CV, cover letter, copies of certified academic documents and contact names and details of at least three (3) referees (one of which must be from the current employer) to:-
The HROD Director,
ActionAid International Uganda,
P.O. Box 676, Kampala
Not later than 7th January 2011. Applications by e-mail to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org are welcome. We will respond only to short listed candidates. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. ActionAid International Uganda is an equal opportunities employer.