Job Title: Principal Medical Officer (MOH)
Reference: HRM 72/173/01HQ
Salary Scale: U2
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner,
• M.B.Ch.B. or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution
• M.Med in Internal Medicine or Masters of Public Health or M.Med Community Practice or Masters Degree in Health Services Management and Planning from a recognized Institution
• Should have strong Management, Communication, and Interpersonal Skills.
Experience: Should have experience in clinical Communication, and Interpersonal Skills.
Experience: Should have experience in clinical practice and management of health services of not less than six (6) years three (3) of which should have been served at a senior level
• Good team work and team building skills Good communication and report writing skills • Good planning, coordination and organizing skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participates in the planning, coordinating and organizing functions of the Ministry.
• Contributes to Policy and Operational Guidelines development in the Ministry.
• Provides support supervision to Districts, Hospitals and other Hospital facilities.
• Participates in the Ministry's Quality Assurance Programmes.
•Assesses performance of the subordinate Staff as part of the Performance Management Programmes
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Apply for this job
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates to fill the vacant posts as specified hereunder. The details of job descriptions, where not indicated, or any other details, can be obtained from the Health Service Commission Offices located at Workers House, 3rd Floor (Northern Wing), Plot No. 1, Pilkington Road. Applications should be filled in triplicate on PSC Form 3 (Revised 2008) and submitted to the Secretary, Health Service Commission, P.O Box 7452, Kampala, to be received not later than 31st December, 2010.
The Forms can be obtained from the Health Service Commission-Offices, Ministry of Health Headquarters, Mulago and Butabika National Referral Hospitals and Regional Referral Hospitals. They can also be downloaded from the Commission website; www.hsc.go.ug; which also contains the full Advert. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
Applicant may apply for a maximum of two (2) relevant posts which must be filled in two separate sets and by labelling the 1st choice as No.1 and the 2nd choice as No. 2.
All applications should bear the title of the post as well as its reference number and the name of the Institution where it is tenable.
Applicants who are Serving Public Officers must route their applications through their Heads of Department, who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay. Head of Department refers to the Head of the respective Institution of the Applicant. Applications found to be in contravention of this requirement will not be short listed.
Candidates who are not serving Public Officers should indicate two Referees with their telephone numbers.
Applicants who will be short listed shall be required to bring originals of their certificates unlaminated. Applicants must also fulfill the following conditions:
I. Attach three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs and copies of their academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
II. Attach copies of the letter (s) of appointment, confirmation and promotion in case of promotional posts. This includes Applicants from non Public Health Service.
III. Persons who are eligible to apply for posts at salary scale U1SE and above should attach their detailed CV.
IV. Health Workers, who are required by law to register with the relevant Professional Councils, must attach copies of their certificates of registration. All candidates who are required by law to possess practicing license must also attach copies of their valid practicing licenses.