Job Title: Senior Principal Nursing Officer
Reference: HRM 72/173/01HQ
Salary Scale: U2
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner Nursing
• Must be double-trained at Registered Level.
• Must possess a basic University Degree with a Nursing background, OR; a Post-Basic Diploma, either in Nursing Administration, Public Health, Public Administration/Management, or Health Tutorship.
• A Masters degree in Health-related field or Public Administration/Management will be an added advantage.
Experience: Must have twelve (12) years of working experience in clinical or leadership position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for organizing and coordinating nursing activities in the Department.
• Responsible for coordinating nursing activities at Regional and District Hospitals.
• Participate in support supervision of nursing activities and any other support supervision activities conducted by the Ministry.
• Participate in the In-Service training programmes and committee handling for Nurses/Midwives issues.
• Participate in the planning and budgeting for the Department.
•Participate in undertaking training needs assessment of training programmes of Nurses/ Midwives.
• Represent the department in the affairs of UNANM and ECSACON - National Chapter.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Apply for this job
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates to fill the vacant posts as specified hereunder. The details of job descriptions, where not indicated, or any other details, can be obtained from the Health Service Commission Offices located at Workers House, 3rd Floor (Northern Wing), Plot No. 1, Pilkington Road. Applications should be filled in triplicate on PSC Form 3 (Revised 2008) and submitted to the Secretary, Health Service Commission, P.O Box 7452, Kampala, to be received not later than 31st December, 2010.
The Forms can be obtained from the Health Service Commission-Offices, Ministry of Health Headquarters, Mulago and Butabika National Referral Hospitals and Regional Referral Hospitals. They can also be downloaded from the Commission website; www.hsc.go.ug; which also contains the full Advert. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
Applicant may apply for a maximum of two (2) relevant posts which must be filled in two separate sets and by labelling the 1st choice as No.1 and the 2nd choice as No. 2.
All applications should bear the title of the post as well as its reference number and the name of the Institution where it is tenable.
Applicants who are Serving Public Officers must route their applications through their Heads of Department, who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay. Head of Department refers to the Head of the respective Institution of the Applicant. Applications found to be in contravention of this requirement will not be short listed.
Candidates who are not serving Public Officers should indicate two Referees with their telephone numbers.
Applicants who will be short listed shall be required to bring originals of their certificates unlaminated. Applicants must also fulfill the following conditions:
I. Attach three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs and copies of their academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
II. Attach copies of the letter (s) of appointment, confirmation and promotion in case of promotional posts. This includes Applicants from non Public Health Service.
III. Persons who are eligible to apply for posts at salary scale U1SE and above should attach their detailed CV.
IV. Health Workers, who are required by law to register with the relevant Professional Councils, must attach copies of their certificates of registration. All candidates who are required by law to possess practicing license must also attach copies of their valid practicing licenses.