Job Title: Program Manager
Company: Raising Voices
Raising Voices is an international organization based in Kampala Uganda working to prevent violence against women and children. The VAW prevention department creates, fosters and supports quality community-based VAW prevention methodologies and advocates for increased interest and investment in primary prevention.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2011
Location: Uganda - Kampala
Raising Voices is seeking a dynamic, experienced individual to manage the VAW Prevention Department.
1. Provide day-to-day supervision and support to VAW prevention staff.
2. Oversee all programs and activities of the VAW prevention department.
3. Contribute to the development of strategic directions for the VAW prevention department.
4. Facilitate trainings and mentor staff to produce quality work.
5. Represent Raising Voices at national, regional and international events.
6. Provide onsite technical support to regional and global partners.
7. Support documentation, monitoring and evaluation processes.
8. Oversee the preparation of budgets and financial reporting for the VAW prevention department.
9. Maintain constructive and respectful relationships with all partners and stakeholders.
10. Foster and sustain a positive, innovative, results-oriented work environment.
- At least 10 years relevant work experience with at least 5 years in management.
- Excellent writing skills.
- MA degree or relevant experience.
- Experience working in the Global South (Africa preferred).
- Proven commitment to VAW prevention and community mobilization.
- Experience in/familiarity with Raising Voices methodologies a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel 30% of time.
- Excellent computer skills.
How to apply
Submit thoughtful cover letter, CV and a one page writing sample that describes how you would foster and sustain a positive, innovative, results-oriented work environment to email@example.com. Rolling deadline until position filled. Only shortlisted candidates only will be contacted.
Reference Code: RW_8CSM5T-42