Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Reports to: Project Development Manager
Section: Project Development
Job Purpose: To provide data and information for the formulation of proposals for new projects and give support in monitoring the activities at sites in order to ensure agreed costs are maintained.
- Prepares bills of quantities as part of input for tenders
- Ensures value for money in the execution of construction projects
- Responsible for cost control planning and for actual cost controls during building implementation
- Regularly visits building sites in order to monitor the activities of the sub contractors and suppliers with a view to avoiding any cost escalation
- Bachelor Degree in Building Economics
- A professional practicing certificate.
Five (5) years continuous experience as a practicing quantity Surveyor in a busy profit oriented construction company or in a reputable professional firm of Quantity Surveyors.
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical thinking and judgment
- Good interpersonal skills / team player
- Results Oriented
Applications accompanied by detailed CV, copies of testimonials and three professional referees should be addressed to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
plot 5, 7th Street Industrial Area,
P.O.Box 659, Kampala Uganda.
Deadline: 4th October, 2011 by 4.00p.m