Job Title: Trainee Printer
Reports to: Printing Supervisor
Description of Purpose:
To ensure printing jobs are carried out as instructed and as per the given schedule to make sure jobs are done in good quality and delivered on time.
Key Result Areas:
- Engage and disengage quarter fold on the folder in order to print a job on a quarter foldrs
- Set ink rollers in order to balance the flow of ink on paper.
- Assist in changing worn out blankets in order to improve the quality of the print on the paper
- Registration of colors in order to achieve a perfect image printout.
- Webbing of different towers of the machine in order to start printing
- Fill up the fountain solution in the drum of the auto mixer in order to ensure a quality and clean print job
- Fill the machine ducts of different towers with ink in order to enable ink pass on the paper.
- To set ink values in order to achieve the right ink composition
- An ordinary Diploma in Mechanical & Production Engineering
- A certificate in Printing Technology
- Ability to interpret, analyze and report on technical processes
- Able to work under minimal supervision and willing to work long hours and night shifts
- Must be able to bend and mount plates precisely
- Knowledge of print finishing and ability to visualize the finished product
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work with deadlines
If you are interested in the above position, address your applications to :
Chief Human Resources Officer,
The New Vision Group Printing and Publishing Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 9815, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Monday 12th September 2011