Job Title: PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT.
Reports To: HEAD FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION,
Purpose: To assist the functioning of the Procurement and Disposal Unit (PDU) of Population Secretariat
* To assist the procurement officer in compiling all procurement acquisitions and preparation of the procurement plans;
* To assist user departments in developing of Specifications in Terms of References for procurement needs; assist in the drafting of solicitation documents and contract documents
* Maintain a register of approved bidding documents, bids received and arrange for bid opening meetings;
* To participate in evaluation of bids; To ensure that all notices are publicized appropriately;
* To represent the Secretariat at meetings and conferences on reproductive health
* Participate in preparation and timely submission of procurement reports to PPDA;
* Manage the PDU archive of records by ensuring proper referencing and putting all relevant documents on all procurement action files;
* Maintain a link with user departments to ensure that contract management reports are in place and maintain copies of all contract management documents;
* Carry out any other duties as may be assigned.
* Degree in Procurement.
* Negotiation Skills, Communication skills, Computer literacy.
* At least a years’ post-qualification experience in procurement in a busy entity.
Not above 30years of age
How to apply:
Population Secretariat is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified men and women are encouraged to apply: Closing date is 30th Jan 2012. Application letters including up to date CVs and photocopies of certificates stating three referees should be addressed to:
The Ag. Director,
Ministry of Finance Planning and Economic Development,
Statistics House (2nd Floor) Plot 9 Colville street P.O.Box 2666 Kampala.
Attn. Head Finance and Administration.
Deadline: 30th January 2012