Job Title: Communications Officer
National Curriculum Development Centre FULL TIME
About this Job:
life Ministry of Education and Sports of the Government of Uganda has taken a decision to undertake a thorough reform of the lower secondary education curriculum under the implementation of the Universal Post-Primary Education and Training Project (UPPET). Government of Uganda has secured financing from the World Bank towards support of this reform process. This is a five year program and the officer will be stationed at NCDC premises, Kyambogo
THE DRAFT OF THE NATIONAL CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (NCDC) JOB ADVERT
Post: Communications Officer
Responsible to: The Deputy Director, NCDC.
Age: 30 – 45 years
Scale: CD 6
Terms of employment:
Years contract but renewable annually
• Management of communication from the NCDC Management, Team leader CURASSE and working closely with specialists and the CURASSE consultants.
• Communicate information about CURASEE and getting feedback from the public.
• Advocating for the reform.
• Developing a brand for NCDC, including style guidelines, for all communications from NCDC.
• Updating the public on the activities of CURASSE and other NCDC activities
• Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
• A degree.in Mass communication with a bias in Public Relations or a relevant professional qualification in development management or communications from a recognized institution. A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
Personal specifications and experience
• Must have at least 6 years experience in working as a Public Relations Officer preferably in a public institution.
• MUST be conversant with Microsoft packages as well as presentation skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Knowledgeable about the education sector in Uganda.
• Knowledgeable of government and non¬government organizations structures at all levels.
• Well developed interpersonal, intercultural and negotiation skills.
• Skills in supporting effective implementation of a communications strategy.
• Ability to work with a wide range of people, including public officials, the media, and consultants to deliver programme objectives
Salary: - USD/month
How to apply:
Applications’ are therefore invited from appropriately qualified Ugandans for the following post available for immediate filling at the National Curriculum Development Centre and Uganda Curriculum, Assessment and Examination Reform (CURASSE). NCDC is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Closing date for applications is two weeks from the date of this publication. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. 6 copies of: the application letter indicating three (3) referees, a detailed CV, Photocopies of Certificates and Academic Transcripts should be submitted to:
The Coordinator, CURASSE Project/National Curriculum Development Centre, P. O. Box 7002, Kampala.
Deadline: 31st May 2012