Job Title: MANAGER CONSUMER AFFAIRS
Reports to: Head Competition and Consumer Affairs
Job role: Develop and implement strategies aimed at empowering and protecting consumers in line with Commission objectives.
Key Result Areas
a. Review and implement a framework to empower and protect consumers;
b. Develop and implement a standard consumer complaints reporting and resolution mechanism/system that will be used for:
(i) Logging and routing of complaints received;
(ii) Monitoring and evaluating complaints and actions thereafter; and
(iii) Monitoring and evaluating feedback to customers;
c. Receive, handle and resolve consumer’s complaints and disputes by taking the appropriate action;
d. Enlighten consumers on the procedures of channeling complaints and refer unresolved consumer grievances to designated departments or service providers for further investigation and follow up on the resolutions;
e. Plan and execute outreach programmes to enhance consumer awareness to the public;
f. Initiate and establish collaboration with consumer associations in the implementation of consumer related activities;
g. Monitor compliance by service providers on customer care issues such as consumer contracts and Service Level Agreements;
h. Examine and test consumer systems of operators;
i. Coordinate consumer related functions of the UCC Regional Offices
j. Carry out consumer satisfaction surveys and produce reports for publication; and
k. Monitor performance of the consumer affairs unit and produce consumer service performance reports based on standardized reporting formats namely monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually.
· A Bachelors’ degree in Marketing or any relevant field; and
· A Masters degree in Marketing or any relevant field.
Key Skills and Experience
· At least five (5) years experience in handling consumer centric or marketing activities in a large organization, three (3) of which should be at managerial level;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to establish rapport with consumers;
· Track record of listening and responding to customers’ needs and concerns with ability to anticipate and exceed consumer expectations;
· Hands-on experience in problem-solving and a proven ability to quickly determine answers or solutions; and
· Excellent computer skills and knowledge.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit applications indicating their telephone and e-mail addresses accompanied with the following documents:
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating two professional and one character referees. Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as referees.
2. Copies of certificates, testimonials, cited in the CV.
Applications should be submitted to the following address NOT LATER THAN 5.00 pm on 7th September 2012 to:
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Uganda Communications Commission,
2nd Floor, UCC House
Plot 42-44 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P. O. Box 7376,
Only short listed applicants will be notified. Any form of canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate.
Deadline: 7th Sept 2012