Job Title: PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Reports to: Head Communications
Job role: To enhance the image of UCC among the various publics.
Key Result Areas
a. Implement and review Public Relations Strategy of the Commission;
b. Provide proactive PR advisory based on research on issues and trends in the industry and economy;
c. Promote and manage the Commission’s Corporate Brand Identity;
d. Develop and manage the Commission’s presence online by maintaining a strong Web based presence and positioning UCC on both the local and international scene and targeting multiple audiences;
e. Arrange and manage the Commission’s corporate events, activities and campaigns and provide protocol services;
f. Implement and review the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Programme activities;
g. Plan and organize hospitality and recreational events in line with the department mission; and
h. Initiate and manage internal communications programmes and activities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Arts or any related field;
· A Master’s Degree in Media, Public Relations would be an added advantage;
Key Skills and Experience
· Three (3) years experience in Public Relations practice;
· Good knowledge of Computer packages particularly Microsoft Office;
· Effective utilization of online interactive media;
· Proven experience in campaign and events management;
· Demonstrated leadership and administrative skills;
· A team player, who is outgoing and socially apt;
· Ability to communicate to multiple audiences;
· Organized, attentive to detail, and able to work with minimum supervision; and
· Dynamic and able to handle crises and provide solutions.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit applications indicating their telephone and e-mail addresses accompanied with the following documents:
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating two professional and one character referees. Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as referees.
2. Copies of certificates, testimonials, cited in the CV.
Applications should be submitted to the following address NOT LATER THAN 5.00 pm on 7th September 2012 to:
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Uganda Communications Commission,
2nd Floor, UCC House
Plot 42-44 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P. O. Box 7376,
Only short listed applicants will be notified. Any form of canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate.
Deadline: 7th Sept 2012