Job Title: LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Reports to: Manager Human Resources
Job role: To implement the Commission Human Resource policies and procedures for staff development and monitor the learning and growth strategy to ensure the skills, knowledge and abilities of the workforce meet the current and future Commission and individual needs.
Key Result Areas
a. Formulate and review training and development policies and strategies that will encourage the development and integration of a culture of continuous learning among the staff of the Commission;
b. Align Training and Development goals with Commission’s business strategy to ensure that business objectives are accomplished;
c. Conduct the Training Needs Assessment for staff in liaison with the Heads of Departments/units and as identified in their Performance reports;
d. Spearhead the preparation of the annual Staff Development Training plans and to ensure consistent and fair implementation of training programmes;
e. Manage the Commission’s capacity development programmes to meet organizational needs by coordinating and facilitating approved training programmes;
f. Prepare and monitor staff training budget by tracking the use and flow of funds and verifications of invoices raised in respect of training services;
g. Monitor and evaluate the training programs as per plan by carrying out impact assessment for training programmes already carried out in order to determine if the Commission needs have been met;
h. Implement UCC process of engaging interns from the various higher institutions of learning;
i. Prepare comprehensive and timely reports on staff development programmes and ensure the submission of all reports from staff on return from the various programmes;
j. Work with Human Resources systems in order to plan for activities that will require capacity building and plan for necessary interventions;
k. Spearhead the mentorship and coaching program;
l. Implement induction programmes for new members of staff in line with the UCC HR Manual;
m. Drive the succession development programmes to meet the Commission succession needs; and
n. Attend to any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
· A Bachelors degree (Human Resources Management, Organizational and or Industrial Psychology, or Business Administration (HR Specialization);
· Postgraduate qualification preferably a in Human Resource Management and development; and
Key Skills and Experience
· Three (3) years experience in Human Resource Management preferably managing a training function in a similar setting;
· Experience in Human Resource Information System; aspects.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Managerial/ supervisory and training skills;
· Possession of strategic thinking, analytical and problem–solving skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills; and
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a team.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit applications indicating their telephone and e-mail addresses accompanied with the following documents:
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating two professional and one character referees. Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as referees.
2. Copies of certificates, testimonials, cited in the CV.
Applications should be submitted to the following address NOT LATER THAN 5.00 pm on 7th September 2012 to:
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Uganda Communications Commission,
2nd Floor, UCC House
Plot 42-44 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P. O. Box 7376,
Only short listed applicants will be notified. Any form of canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate.
Deadline: 7th Sept 2012