Job Title: PAYROLL OFFICER
Reports to: Specialist /Human Resources
Job role: To manage the payroll system based on departmental guidelines.
Key Result Areas
a. Manage the Commission payroll in line with the set financial standards;
b. Prepare pay roll and circulation of pay slips by using HURIS system or related software;
c. Payroll reconciliation on a monthly basis to General ledger and other key accounts;
d. Obtain payroll entries from the HR Office before the 15th of every month;
e. Review supporting documents for processing any Human Resources payment through the payroll;
f. Process payment of employee remuneration, incentive and other accrued claims and allowances in line with the provisions in place;
g. To handle staff loans and monthly recovery by collecting the relevant documents and recover on pay roll;
h. Prepare and remit PAYE and NSSF returns and collect receipts after remitting the returns;
i. Prepare for HR external and internal audits; and
j. Maintain UCC payroll and all staff related payments, determine statutory and other deductions (salary advances, NSSF, PAYE). Liaise with the respective statutory bodies, prepare and make statutory returns within relevant deadlines.
· A Bachelors degree (Finance and Accounts); and
· Professional qualification (ACCA, CPA).
Key Skills and Experience
· Two (2) years experience in payroll preparation and monitoring;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Analytical and problem –solving skills;
· Strong interpersonal skills;
· Ability to meet tight deadlines; and
· Ability to work in a team.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit applications indicating their telephone and e-mail addresses accompanied with the following documents:
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating two professional and one character referees. Members of Uganda Communications Commission shall not be accepted as referees.
2. Copies of certificates, testimonials, cited in the CV.
Applications should be submitted to the following address NOT LATER THAN 5.00 pm on 7th September 2012 to:
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Uganda Communications Commission,
2nd Floor, UCC House
Plot 42-44 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P. O. Box 7376,
Only short listed applicants will be notified. Any form of canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate.
Deadline: 7th Sept 2012