Job Title: Head of ICT (One position)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Head of ICT will be responsible for overseeing the effective and efficient operation of the ICT Department and ensuring departmental alignment with the organisation’s operations. The Head of ICT works closely with his
or her colleagues on the seniormanagement team to drive, implement, and manage the strategy for IT and IS developments that provide on-going cost-effective solutions for all aspects of ASARECA activities and will
also ensure appropriate IT capacity to adequately support current and projected activities.
• Provide constructive and effective contribution to the formulation of ASARECA’s key activities and objectives;
• Formulate IT and IS strategies that allow ASARECA to achieve its objectives;
• Manage the ICT department, ensure delivery of appropriate services support and information to
all users at the Secretariat and partner institutions, including the agreement and ongoing management of service level agreements (SLAs);
• Develop the most appropriate design of infrastructure to support the business, taking into account prevailing best practices and technologies;
• Identify and agree IT priorities,maintain an oversight of all IT and IS projects ensuring that compatibility and integration issues are taken into account and, as a member of the project steering group, be responsible for the monitoring and control of all IT- led projects within ASARECA;
• Responsible for ASARECA’s information security policy and adherence to the requirements of the Data Protection Act;
• Manage the operational costs of the IT department, including the preparation, submission and monitoring of operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives;
• Ensure that IT and IS infrastructure and stored data are secure against internal and external threats and position effective and appropriate measures for risk management, and information security (Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans (BCP &DRP));
• Oversee provision of end-user support services, including help-desk and associated technical support services;
• Oversee negotiation and administration of IT and IS vendor, outsourced suppliers and consultant service agreements and contracts;
• Manage department staffing, including resource planning, recruitment, professional development, appraisal and disciplinary actions to provide a resilient and responsive support team that provides the specified
service levels to the organisation’s users and the required skills for the technical support of the solutions in use; and
• Ensure that the structure of the IT department and skill sets present within it are appropriate to meet the needs of the business.
The successful candidate will have:
• Five years of experience at a management/ leadership level;
• Excellent technical skills in COBIT or ITIL; project management skills will be an added advantage;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and relational skills, with sound judgment, initiative, flexibility and detail-oriented;
• Strong analytical and logical problemsolving skills;
• Documented working experience with Microsoft Windows environments, including MS-SQL and MicrosoftExchange, Internet Information Server and other applications; and
• Experience with MicrosoftWindows configuration, installation,maintenance, support and troubleshooting of TCP/IP networks supporting VoIP telephony, microcomputers and other systems, system development, complex project management, knowledge of the existing network hardware, client/server technology, internet/intranets.
We are looking for a candidate with a Masters degree
in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, or in a related field.
How to Apply:
If you believe you fit the required profile, send your applications in confidence to the address belowby close of business Friday 12 October 2012. Please Indicate the position that you are applying for and send your curriculum vitae (by post or email) containing details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current and expected remuneration as well as copies of professional/ academic certificates. Include day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, names and addresses of three references to:
ThePeople and Change Division PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited Communications House, 1 Colville Street P O Box 8053 Kampala, Uganda
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
© 2012 PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited. All rights reserved. In this document, “PwC” refers to PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited which is a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited, each member firm of which is a separate legal entity.
Deadline: 12th Oct 2012