Job Title: Programme Assistants (Threepositions- Uganda Nationals only)
Reporting to the ProgrammeManager ,the Programme
Assistants will be responsible for providing support to
the ProgrammeManager in delivering his/her mandate in
• Receive periodic reports from stakeholders, review and provide feedback on the quality of the reports;
• Prepare draft synthesis reports, drafts contract agreements, and letters of requests for services;
• Assist in developing requests for research calls/ proposals and send them out, receive applications and prepare the evaluation forms that are used during the selection process;
• Manage inquiries from different stakeholders pertaining to all programme work;
• Coordinate workshop duties/activities through drawing up of list of invitees, preparing the workshop budgets, drafting invitation letters, repertoiring, compiling workshop publications and proceedings;
• Receive and follow up of the sub-grant financial accountabilities and forward them to finance;
• Prepare periodic newsletters that are distributed to over
800 stakeholders and provide articles to be posted onto the website;
• Assist in preparing annual work plans and budget
for the program in consultation with the Programme
• Assist in consolidating programme technical reports into the corporate annual report;
• Consolidate programme work plans into corporate work plans;
• Assist in preparing publications for scientific conferences;
• Assist to carry out monitoring and evaluation of projects in liaison with the M&Eunit; and
• Organise in-house planning meetings, and take a record of minutes for meetings to ensure actions are implemented.
The successful candidates will have:
• At least five years experience as a researcher in an agricultural oriented organisation at middle-level management;
• Demonstrable progressive experience in administrative services;
• Good interpreter to communicate to stakeholders who are French speaking;
• Ability to analyse data and extract reporting material;
• Good understanding and appreciation of regional agricultural issues.
We are looking for candidates with Masters of Science in
Agriculture or in any other related field.
How to Apply:
If you believe you fit the required profile, send your applications in confidence to the address belowby close of business Friday 12 October 2012. Please Indicate the position that you are applying for and send your curriculum vitae (by post or email) containing details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current and expected remuneration as well as copies of professional/ academic certificates. Include day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, names and addresses of three references to:
ThePeople and Change Division PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited Communications House, 1 Colville Street P O Box 8053 Kampala, Uganda
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
© 2012 PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited. All rights reserved. In this document, “PwC” refers to PricewaterhouseCoopers Limited which is a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited, each member firm of which is a separate legal entity.
Deadline: 12th Oct 2012